Xssights   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's Football Season

I'm proud to say I have not watched a single football game this year. Often curious how the Seahawks are doing but then I realize I just don't really care. Wilson the QB has done some decent community things but I heard he wore some shoes to protest the shooting of somebody who deserved to be shot so still no football for me. Don't really miss it, never was a devout fan anyhow.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Haven't seen an NFL game now for three years, nor do I see any reason to. I have watched a number of college games, mostly LSU and SEC games. Watching Oregon/Iowa St. at the moment.

Was glad to see Tom Herman get fired today by Texas. Paying him 6.5 million a year for mediocrity doesn’t cut it in Austin. Big money donors are paying for his $24,000,000 buyout.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Watched the Sugar Bowl yesterday between Clemson and Ohio State which was a pretty good game....I thought Clemson would win but Ohio State and QB Justin Fields played very well and looked like a decent match up to Alabama in the National Championship game next week....Football has changed and I understand that they are trying to keep the players safe but there was one play where Fields dropped back to pass then took off running for about 15 yards until he ran into a Clemson linebacker who to me made a textbook tackle, not low around the knees or helmet to helmet but a shoulder pad right to the ribs and Fields went down like he was pole axed.....It should have been a great tackle by the Clemson player but the ref threw a flag for unnecessary roughness and ejected the Clemson player from the game for targeting......I respect the job the ref’s do but what do you think about this play? https://m.YouTube.com/watch?v=H0t_9pZa1Co So I guess it’s ok to make a good hard tackle unless it’s the QB because they are “special”.....If you ever want to read a great football book from a time when the game was played like it was supposed to be before all the rules got in the way get a copy of “Fatso, Football when men were really men” by Art Donovan who was an all pro defensive lineman for the Baltimore Colts in the late 50’s.....Watch this interview of Art on Johnny Carson back when late night TV had some class.... https://m.YouTube.com/watch?v=7HDRLnoAY9E They don’t make um like Art anymore and those guys didn’t pull any punches in a game back then and you were expected to play hurt for very little money because if you didn’t there was always another guy waiting to take your place....Art tells of one playoff game where he was in for the entire time with a broken ankle but he played anyway because he was getting paid....it was a very different game back then.....Atlanta Falcons all star wide receiver Julio Jones who makes 22 million a year missed 9 games this past year with a tweaked hamstring.....Things just ain’t the same no more....
    Last edited by getsome; 01-03-2021 at 12:51 AM.

I'm going to watch an NFL game today. A social occasion with a couple of close friends. I watched a half of a game earlier this year to. I've watched a few collage games to. I will never be the football fan that I use to be again though.

If they're still kneeling they're still dead to me.

I don't know if they are kneeling or not. What did it for me was when they would not sell a super bowl ad to a veterans group because it had the contraversal line, "Please stand for the flag" The home team playing for a first round buy against an old time rival and good friends getting together I am making an exception today.

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    watched the sugar bowl yesterday between clemson and ohio state which was a pretty good game....i thought clemson would win but ohio state and qb justin fields played very well and looked like a decent match up to alabama in the national championship game next week....football has changed and i understand that they are trying to keep the players safe but there was one play where fields dropped back to pass then took off running for about 15 yards until he ran into a clemson linebacker who to me made a textbook tackle, not low around the knees or helmet to helmet but a shoulder pad right to the ribs and fields went down like he was pole axed.....it should have been a great tackle by the clemson player but the ref threw a flag for unnecessary roughness and ejected the clemson player from the game for targeting......i respect the job the ref’s do but what do you think about this play? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h0t_9pza1co so i guess it’s ok to make a good hard tackle unless it’s the qb because they are “special”.....if you ever want to read a great football book from a time when the game was played like it was supposed to be before all the rules got in the way get a copy of “fatso, football when men were really men” by art donovan who was an all pro defensive lineman for the baltimore colts in the late 50’s.....watch this interview of art on johnny carson back when late night tv had some class.... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7hdrlnoay9e they don’t make um like art anymore and those guys didn’t pull any punches in a game back then and you were expected to play hurt for very little money because if you didn’t there was always another guy waiting to take your place....art tells of one playoff game where he was in for the entire time with a broken ankle but he played anyway because he was getting paid....it was a very different game back then.....atlanta falcons all star wide receiver julio jones who makes 22 million a year missed 9 games this past year with a tweaked hamstring.....things just ain’t the same no more....
    getsome.. I dont think the issue was that it was a " a good hard tackle" but if you looked at the slow mo replays he drove the butt of his helmet straight into his back.. Was a good game though and as a former ohioan was excited to see the buckeyes get revenge from last year. Although i'm not as "invested" in football as i used to be was also excited to see the browns finally get back into the playoffs after a very long drought. :d
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by GROTMAN View Post
    getsome.. I dont think the issue was that it was a " a good hard tackle" but if you looked at the slow mo replays he drove the butt of his helmet straight into his back.. Was a good game though and as a former ohioan was excited to see the buckeyes get revenge from last year. Although i'm not as "invested" in football as i used to be was also excited to see the browns finally get back into the playoffs after a very long drought. :d
    Some refer to that as the crown of the helmet. Although he was a butt head. At that point, Ohio State should have been allowed knives.