Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CM9 mistake

Default CM9 mistake

Dumb move. Had my eye on a new range gun, so I traded a couple handguns in, one of which was a CM9. I really miss that little pistol. Only problem it had has releasing rounds from the mag too easily. Still the best pocket gun I’ve tried (that & my j-frame).
    Its replacement will be here by the weekend though.
    I’m not one of those guys that says to never sell a gun but there have been a couple that I regretted selling and then replaced with the same model.
    Can hardly wait to get started breaking the new pistol in.

If you mean rounds pop out when the mag is outside of the gun, yeah, that's common for Kahrs. I don't find it an issue, personally. Go buy another one!

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeyNE View Post
    Dumb move. Had my eye on a new range gun, so I traded a couple handguns in, one of which was a CM9. I really miss that little pistol. Only problem it had has releasing rounds from the mag too easily. Still the best pocket gun I’ve tried (that & my j-frame).
    Its replacement will be here by the weekend though.
    I’m not one of those guys that says to never sell a gun but there have been a couple that I regretted selling and then replaced with the same model.
    Can hardly wait to get started breaking the new pistol in.
    Good for you on your new arrival. I can definitely relate to sellers regret. For that reason I rarely sell anything unless I just can’t get it to run reliably.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    If you mean rounds pop out when the mag is outside of the gun, yeah, that's common for Kahrs. I don't find it an issue, personally. Go buy another one!
    I have a Sig P938 that pulls a round loose every time I eject a loaded mag, so it’s not just Kahr.

New CM9 in hand! Can’t wait to get to the range and start breaking it in.

Made it to the range. As I suspected, the CM9 ran perfectly with both target ammo and Winchester Defender +P hollow points. Accuracy at the 7 yard line is better than good enough for self defense. Feels better to me than the Sig P365 which I sold since I’ve got a CM9 again. I may have to downsize my collection further. Not much need for the redundant carry pistols.

I can relate. Traded in my CM9 around 5 weeks ago.
    Went to a LGS today and it was still there...had to bring it b
    ack home.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Smith View Post
    I can relate. Traded in my CM9 around 5 weeks ago.
    Went to a LGS today and it was still there...had to bring it b
    ack home.
    Now THAT'S what I am talkin about .. Proud of you!!
    "No Matter Where You Go----There You Are !!"

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeyNE View Post
    Made it to the range. As I suspected, the CM9 ran perfectly with both target ammo and Winchester Defender +P hollow points. Accuracy at the 7 yard line is better than good enough for self defense. Feels better to me than the Sig P365 which I sold since I’ve got a CM9 again. I may have to downsize my collection further. Not much need for the redundant carry pistols.
    Cool how different we all are. I carried a PM9 for nearly 20 years, but now carry a P365. Kahr sits in the safe.

I don't like it as much as my CW9's (I have 3...) but I find I carry my CM9 and PM9 more and more, now. I got the pinky extenders with the PM9, those seem to help a lot with controlability in rapid fire.