Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick Sear Update

Next video I'm do it on our CW9, all Kahr pistols share the same parts internally with the exception of the ones equipped with a safety, and the striker guide of the .380 pistols.

Thanks for the update
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

What I would like to see is a flat front face trigger.
    Watching others shoot our Kahrs they seem to push the muzzle to the left.
    IMHO the long trigger pull and the radiused face causes the finger to rotate from center to the side of the trigger at let off. Thus pushing it away from the hand
    Wife and I place our finger pad on the opposite side of the trigger and pull (not push) the trigger back at an angle toward the hand. So at let off the pad is centered on the trigger
    I'm just saying

Got the stainless steel in for the trigger and we'll start milling them out shortly.

Very anxious to see this ....and I don't care how "ugly" it is.
    Concealed carry ain't a fashion show. If someone is looking at a firearm I have been carrying concealed...it's GOING OFF...and they have a lot more to be concerned about than how "ugly" the trigger is.

Quote Originally Posted by GallowayPrecision View Post
    Got the stainless steel in for the trigger and we'll start milling them out shortly.
    Great. Thanks for keeping us posted.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

As I have said in other forums:

I wouldn't be caught dead defending myself with an ugly gun.

Me too, looking cool is job #1 and not that difficult to accomplish.

Being cool is to the eye of the beholder, pretty much anything goes.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Back when police were making the transition from revolvers the understanding was that you need a manual safety for a single-action gun, but a double-action trigger makes that unnecessary.
    But the double-action pull on most double-action auto-pistols (as contrasted with revolvers) was horrendous.

It seems to me that the purpose of Glock's "Safe-Action" was to reduce the length and weight of the auto-pistol's "double-action only" trigger to something manageable by using a partially preset striker. (Think of it as a 1-and-a-half-action trigger.) Kahr perfected this idea with a trigger that resembled that of a competition-only double-action revolver so heavily tuned that it could bust only soft primers -- but shorter and completely reliable.

What disturbs me is that the market today seems to be moving towards striker-fired pistols whose triggers are essentially stiff single-action triggers with a long take-up -- but no manual safety.

How did it become OK to carry a single-action gun with no manual safety? With the increased use of kydex, it seems that people want to use the holster as the manual safety.