Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New tool

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Well, My cw380 has been running like a top. I mean perfect with over a thousand rounds with no problems. But, as much as I did not want to invest in a New Striker from Lakeland, I went ahead and bought one. I am hoping the old adage of "if it ain't broke, do not fix it" does not come back to haunt me. I have not tried the new striker out yet.

That said, I do not know if any of you can replace the striker spring and end cap as easy as the guy on the instructional video. For me, and I admit to being all thumbs, it is a PITA. Always end up with the spring and guide rod flying. So I looked around and found this, a Wall anchor that I use for 22.cal snap caps. It worked perfectly. Fast and easy. Pushing down and holding it was easy. I pushed down with the Flat end of the cap going down on the striker guide. When it was far enough down, the backplate pushed easily OVER the Rim of the anchor and then very easy to pull out when secure. The cap itself made it easy to have a firm grip.
    Hope it works for you. Just a DIY bit of info.

Update, well I replaced the working OEM striker with the New Lakeland, and thank goodness it worked fine. I also replaced the extractor and different springs. What Did Happen is my Front Sight popped off. Thankfully I was at a indoor range and was able to find it. Also I shot the Mossberg again and still impressed. I was with a range friend that had one. The LGS told me they are sold out and have been waiting for a while now to get them in.

Update, well I replaced the working OEM striker with the New Lakeland, and thank goodness it worked fine. I also replaced the extractor and different springs. What Did Happen is my Front Sight popped off. Thankfully I was at a indoor range and was able to find it. Also I shot the Mossberg again and still impressed. I was with a range friend that had one. The LGS told me they are sold out and have been waiting for a while now to get them in.
    If that was the polymer, factory front sight, you are probably better off replacing it than trying to reuse it. That sight is installed by melting the ends of the two posts in a way that they form heads. You could go that route (polymer) again, but I feel you would be better served with a metal sight like the night sights Kahr sells or the fiber optic front sight from Dawson Precision.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    If that was the polymer, factory front sight, you are probably better off replacing it than trying to reuse it. That sight is installed by melting the ends of the two posts in a way that they form heads. You could go that route (polymer) again, but I feel you would be better served with a metal sight like the night sights Kahr sells or the fiber optic front sight from Dawson Precision.
    Regards,
    Greg
    Actually it was the Trijicon night sight that fell off. Does anyone know the size screw it takes? Best directions to find the answer? Also, I do have Dawson on my Nano. What size are many of you using for say 10" for the CW380?
    Thanks

Actually it was the Trijicon night sight that fell off. Does anyone know the size screw it takes? Best directions to find the answer? Also, I do have Dawson on my Nano. What size are many of you using for say 10" for the CW380?
    Thanks
    Did that Trijicon just fall off or did one of the posts shear off?
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Did that Trijicon just fall off or did one of the posts shear off?
    It appears that the Screw came off. I used the thread locker that came with the sight. I am wondering what Kahr uses to seal up the stock sight. Must be some kind of Rubber compound resistant to heat. It might actually be a better way of sealing the sight on. And would not have to worry about it searing off as well.

KR - the stock front sight is plastic. Kahr just melts the posts that stick out of the underside of the slide with something like a soldering iron.

Those sight screws are TINY. Probably best to just call Kahr and get one from them.

If you tell them what happened, maybe they'll send you one for nuthin'.

Check those posts on the sight - if they're not the same height, the post likely broke off. If so, Kahr should be able to help...