Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Our Pal Itxi

Itxi, sometimes we are kinder to our treasured pets when we put them down............but it's always so damn hard!!! I respect you!

I hope you feel the Umbrella of prayers, it's like a little shelter.

Still PRAYING!

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Thanks for letting us know Bawanna, we are all friends here and we did want to know.
    Here Itxi...let this fire you up.
    Thanks...you just took at least another full week off my life.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm in total agreement on the quality of life thing. I just lost another friend on Saturday a 35 year cop from a neighboring town, moved to Florida about a year ago. Diagnosed with brain cancer. Did the treatment, made him so weak they put him in rehab to build his strength up so they could hit him again. They knew it was not survivable from the get go. Decided to forgo further treatment. Went from rehab right into hospice.
    Kind of sad, but he didn't want to just occupy space in pain and discomfort. My dad did pretty much the same thing.
    Not fair.

I'm sorry I ratted you out Itxi but figure everybody here is good friends and got the rights to know whats happening with other friends.
    If you want to come on up and give me an arse whoopin, I'll take it with a song in my heart and a smile on my face, and I won't fight back.

Bring it.
    No worries, Col. I'm just not one of those who wants to create big fuss over my ownself. When I finally retired and walked out the door after almost 55 years in the intelligence business almost no one knew I was leaving. I had a flexible, part time schedule at that point and the day I left when our admin assistant asked when I would be back I just told her "Never" and dropped my badge in the visitor badge box on my way out the door. That was so, so cool to be able to pull off! My retirement from life plans are much the same...cremation, no funeral, no memorial service. And I trust my wife to pull that one off.

All that said, this thread has been a good thing for me. This outpouring of support, kind words, and sympathies has been quite moving and uplifting and I want thank all again for it.

-- Don
    NRA Benefactor

Offering up prayers for you sir. Although I'm not yet ready to retire (old now, but too young for that) I like your exit plan. Little fuss was made me coming into the place, it should be about the same on exit.

Life can be that way too. When you've lived you life on your own terms at every step, then stepping thru to the other side is done with confidence and satisfaction. Make those steps as only you see fit sir.

May the good lord bless you and keep you and we will all keep praying for you to have good days and smooth seas.

Peace
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

Thanks Bawanna for "ratting out" Itxi . We are all better off with the knowledge of what is going on in his life. He has been a great contributor over the years.
    Smooth sailing Itxi. You have a lot of class. When My time comes I hope I can recall your words.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Now I gotta finish out my days labeled as a rat. Oh well, I'd do it again.

I agree on all counts, great member and lots of class. Penchant for small mammary glands.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Prayers to you, my friend. Wishing you a miraculous recovery.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I told my chief the other day not actually realizing that it mimics Itxi's strategy that when I retire, Nov 1 I hope that I don't want no tea and crumpets like they usually do, I don't want to parade in front of city council with the poor officers all dressed in class A's.
    I want to head for the back door like usual with a small box of my last personal possessions with a simple see ya to whoever I pass on the way out.

No fanfare. Probably take me a couple months before i don't get up and park in my parking spot before I realize, what the heck am I doing here?

Stay strong Itxi.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I told my chief the other day not actually realizing that it mimics Itxi's strategy that when I retire, Nov 1 I hope that I don't want no tea and crumpets like they usually do, I don't want to parade in front of city council with the poor officers all dressed in class A's.
    I want to head for the back door like usual with a small box of my last personal possessions with a simple see ya to whoever I pass on the way out.

No fanfare. Probably take me a couple months before i don't get up and park in my parking spot before I realize, what the heck am I doing here?

Stay strong Itxi.
    That's how I left the Navy after almost 26 years. The only thing I cared about is that a check showed up the next month on the first and that my wife and I could still go to the doctor when needed. Thankfully, these past 11 years both the check and being able to go to the doctor are still happening.