Take it easy on me as I have a confession to make

I'm a happy owner of a cw9.
    Jumped on the shield party boat when everyone raved about it

Put money on sights, mags, and even did a burwell
    Trigger job on it.

But I still shot my kahr better.
    That explains why I also have 2 LCR for the smooth DAO

What's even worse is that I missed out on good CW9 deal last week
    Otherwise, this shield would have been gone.

The shield is not worth much currently so I'll just hang on to it for now

Not against striker fired pistols as my xd9 is a good shooter
    Better than shield in this case

Same here!

Man, can I relate to that. You know why I bought my Shield? Because it was on sale for $269, they were giving away a free extra 8 round mag, and it was black. I carried it for about a month and it’s been in the safe since.

I never really warmed up to the shield too much but at this time the resale market isn’t much for a shield.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I like the Shield a lot. A LOT. But I'm more accurate with my Kahrs, and I don't like the short, light trigger for a CCW gun.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    .... But I'm more accurate with my Kahrs, and I don't like the short, light trigger for a CCW gun.
    Exactly.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Visit here:

I do not own a Shield for the same reason I do not own a Glock...it just never felt good in my hand. Actually the CM9 is slightly smaller than I would like for it to be considered perfect, but dang I shoot it so well I have to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_usn_ret View Post
    I do not own a Shield for the same reason I do not own a Glock...it just never felt good in my hand. Actually the CM9 is slightly smaller than I would like for it to be considered perfect, but dang I shoot it so well I have to live with it.
    You may have tried this or may not care for it but I put a hogue handall jr. grip sleeve on my CM9 (upside down actually) and that little bit of palm swell completely changes the feel without making it any bigger. Fits my XL hands really well now.

Visit here:

The palm swell of a Hogue helps the Shoeld too.

speaking of tricks with hogue slip on sleeves, I took a rubber fender washer (about 1/8 thick) from the hardware store and slipped it under the palm swell on my weak side. trimmed off what was below flush with the grip (CM9/EDC/BUG). this filled the slight gap between my left palm and the slip on. this has worked for about 2 yrs. now. I didn't share this before now because of the weirdness factor.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER

I rarely get a chance to try out a gun before buying due to the lack of such opportunities around here. However, I DID get a chance with the shield. It went from top of my list to the bottom. It points differently to what I prefer and I'm not one to have defensive guns that differ in pointability to keep speed and familiarity somewhat high(at least my version of high). The only gun in the running to join my current lineup is the p365 xl. Time will tell on that one. As for now. My Kahrs haven't let me down in fit, finish, pointability and staying out of my way. Just what I ask of my CC guns.