Xssights   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Pocket, IWB, OWB for PM9 + Lasermax CF Laser

Default Pocket, IWB, OWB for PM9 + Lasermax CF Laser

I have a Nemesis and unknown kydex holster for my PM9 that I've had for a decade, and finally decided to slap a Lasermax CF laser on the PM9.

So now I'm looking to buy three new holsters, and would like recommendations for IWB, OWB, and pocket carry that will fit the laser.

PJs Holsters for IWB/OWB , C3 Tactical for pocket carry; all three are kydex. I use the PJ holster IWB for carry or wear it OWB (they will bend the lip to hook over belt) for competition(CM9) mostly,and sometimes for carry. I use the C3 for pocket carry;being kydex, it's not too slippery for most pockets. I would buy them again if the need would arise.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER

Thank you, I see the PJ has an option for laser, but the C3 tactical for pocket does not.

My concern with the PJ is that I'm in 100oF weather right now, and a IWB would probably sweat and cause a rust concern.

I did stumble across whitehatholsters that comes with a horsehide sweat shield hybrid with kydex that is PM9 lasermax compatible, and for pocket I found a Nemesis model M44BJU2Z0 that again is supposed to be PM9 + laser capable. I can't vouch for either though, as I've seen neither in person.

I sweat with the best of them; never had a sweat induced rust problem with my CM9 from any of the holsters I use, even when dew points reach 70-90 in WI.. IMHO, short of falling off the dock, rusting due to perspiration is a non-issue.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER

If you would entertain a question, does the Lasermax CF hold its zero on your PM9 after pocket carry? What size groups are you holding at what distance?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JAA View Post
    If you would entertain a question, does the Lasermax CF hold its zero on your PM9 after pocket carry? What size groups are you holding at what distance?
    Thanks

FWIW, I had a Lasermax on my CM9 for a short time before I changed to TFO sights (milled a front dovetail) and took off the laser because I could see the sights so well; not due to anything with the laser which I still have. I had sighted the laser @75ft., groups where about 2-3" w/freestyle grip, benched. I did not see any POI changes using the laser during my drills while it was carried. IHO, group size is determined by how steady your hold, how you break the shot, and by distance.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER

Thanks for the detailed info. My eyes aren’t what they were and looking for an easy aiming devise. I’ve been thinking about a laser for my PM9 but wavering due to concerns about it holding a zero in a pocket holster with all the movement involved in ones daily activities.
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by JAA View Post
    Thanks for the detailed info. My eyes aren’t what they were and looking for an easy aiming devise. I’ve been thinking about a laser for my PM9 but wavering due to concerns about it holding a zero in a pocket holster with all the movement involved in ones daily activities.
    Thanks again.
    I can confirm that there are no issues holding zero, that said I did crank down about as good as I thought I could without stripping the plastic.

IMO, a laser and good sights are not mutually exclusive. You use your sights first and foremost, but should you fail for some reason to focus on the front sight because you don't have your glasses or you're just panicking and threat focusing, something very normal, that red laser dot means you aren't relegated to purely instinctive shooting. So I say good sights AND lasers are a great combo.

For holster, I use the Nemesis Superfly, and highly recommend it. Its much stickier than the Nemesis. I don't use the "printing" flap though, as it makes the total package bigger.

For use with laser, I believe the model you want is SKU: M44BJU2Z0 UPC: 792695294955 as it has a wide mouth to accommodate the laser.