Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CM9 7 rd mags..???

Quote Originally Posted by guido4198 View Post
    Now I’m wondering if it might be possible to put the Lakeline billet +1 extension on a Kahr 9mm mag, then install the Magguts internals and add one more ..??
    hmmm..
    i had a similar line of thinking - i have the Galloway Precision +1 extension - makes my 6 a 7 - i don't see why one couldn't buy the 7 round MagGuts components and using it with that to obtain 8 rounds in the magazine - why would it be any different from having a 7 round Kahr magazine and using the +1 MagGuts to make it 8 plus one chambered? Or, just use it with one of my 7 round Kahr mags - still like oldtimer said, $29 bucks is quite a bit for one additional round

**won't work on the 7 round mags because of the gap - sigh - turning the 6 into a 7 with the base extension then buying the 7 round MagGuts might still work though

i wonder if Kahr will ever sell a cuff to close off that gap in longer magazines - i have one with my FNS 9c and it makes a helluva difference

29 bucks will buy a whole new mag and you'd have 7 more.........
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Bingo, another mag. is the answer.

E=Bawanna;408608]29 bucks will buy a whole new mag and you'd have 7 more.........[/QUOTE]

Another 7 round mag adds to the length of the grip. Some people don’t want to do that.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Another 7 round mag adds to the length of the grip. Some people don’t want to do that.
    Just me, but I'd carry 7 round back-ups, and have 6 rounds in gun. Like others have stated, it seems really silly to spend that much money to only gain one round. Even more so for those who are adding extensions rather than "MagGuts."

On the other hand, it's y'alls money to spend. If you like it, I love it even though I don't understand it.

Yep, what America is all about, free to spend wise or not. Some accessories are good some are not, mag prices in my opinion are out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    Just me, but I'd carry 7 round back-ups, and have 6 rounds in gun. Like others have stated, it seems really silly to spend that much money to only gain one round. Even more so for those who are adding extensions rather than "MagGuts."

On the other hand, it's y'alls money to spend. If you like it, I love it even though I don't understand it.

i actually prefer my Galloway Precision base extension versus the normal 6 round flat magazine - maybe not as cosmetically good looking like the Pearce pinky finger base but it'll hold that extra round and not interfere at all with my carry - if i can use the MagGuts components and get that 8th round using that and the Galloway base i'll consider it - $29 buxx for a follower and spring is kind of high - especially in as so far it's still untested for the 9mm in the open market - if they have the 7 round MagGuts that's probably what i'll have to buy