Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CM9 7 rd mags..???

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    I view accuracy more important then round count, also light weight is a factor for me. Most self defense situations require few rounds.
    Ever since Glocks hit the scene and with all the shooting in the media, we're in the age where everyone forseees themselves having to shoot it out with a pack of armed gangsters, terrorist, or armed to the teeth mass shooters... Gun owners are also spending millions and giving up long time EDC's just to gain an extra round or two in a magazine. Just signs of the time.

I still carry my steel 6-7 round Kahrs and 5 round snubbies. Dispite all the warnings of imminent demise, I'm still alive and kicking.
    Last edited by 187911; 08-14-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Me too although I sometimes think one wheel is on a banana peel.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by guido4198 View Post
    Balddog5: Thank you for that reference to Magguts. I didn't know about them. Certainly one to watch if they offer a kit for my CM9. I can imagine purchasing a Kahr 7-rd. and adding their kit for an 8+1 CM9..!! NOW we're talking..!! Almost sounds too good to be real, but time will tell.
    At the moment...I have 2 Kahr 6-rd mags that are functioning flawlessly in my CM9 with everything I've put through them...various jhp carry rds, military fmj, and my (relatively mild) cast bullet reloads. I don't want to screw that up, but would really like to up my magazine round count and get that Sig P365 outta my head..!!
    I've seen a few reviews on YouTube with shooters using Magguts on their Kahr 380's - i would say they've been pretty positive up to now and it makes sense - they're basically using a smaller follower which allows room for another round - still not sure about all the pros and cons with a different follower but, for now, it seems like a plausible way of increasing magazine capacity without having to extend the base - $20+ to add one round seems a bit expensive though, although it wouldn't be the first time i've overspent on an accessory

the part im NOT getting is the time it's been taking them to add the 9mm version to their site - its been "Coming Soon" for quite a while now - last update i heard was end of June, that was a month and a half back - i converted my 6 round magazine to a 7 rounder with the Galloway Precision base plate extension and i have four 7 round magazines too - i could see myself investing the money into making 2 of them 8 rounders

Balddog5: Thank you for that reference to Magguts. I didn't know about them. Certainly one to watch if they offer a kit for my CM9. I can imagine purchasing a Kahr 7-rd. and adding their kit for an 8+1 CM9..!! NOW we're talking..!! Almost sounds too good to be real, but time will tell.
    At the moment...I have 2 Kahr 6-rd mags that are functioning flawlessly in my CM9 with everything I've put through them...various jhp carry rds, military fmj, and my (relatively mild) cast bullet reloads. I don't want to screw that up, but would really like to up my magazine round count and get that Sig P365 outta my head..!!
    just got an email from MagGuts informing me that they "hope" to have the CM9 MagGut components on the market by next week - we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by balddog05 View Post
    just got an email from MagGuts informing me that they "hope" to have the CM9 MagGut components on the market by next week - we'll see
    They have a video up of it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLIjmLzNn1U
    It looks like it will be their nested/hybrid spring design.

I was hoping they would do that single flat wire spring that they use in the Shield.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I’ll pass on the dual spring design.

I’ve opted for Lakeline’s +1 billet which provides just enough room for my pinky.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Now I’m wondering if it might be possible to put the Lakeline billet +1 extension on a Kahr 9mm mag, then install the Magguts internals and add one more ..??
    hmmm..

Now I’m wondering if it might be possible to put the Lakeline billet +1 extension on a Kahr 9mm mag, then install the Magguts internals and add one more ..??
    hmmm..
    I don’t know for sure but i think not.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Sorry cannot see paying $29 for one round, simply purchase another 7 round mag. Many of the so called up grades simply do not give the value for cost.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Sorry cannot see paying $29 for one round, simply purchase another 7 round mag. Many of the so called up grades simply do not give the value for cost.
    That's what I said.