CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CM9 7 rd mags..???

Default My MK9 is in semi retirement for my Sig P365 with larger magazine

I understand the 7 round magazine discussion.

However my Kahr MK9 is superior to Kimber offerings while I was considering one.

Along came the revised Sig P365 with a 10 or 12 or 15 round magazine. It is a compact, reliable, and accurate pistol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've never had a problem w/ 7rd. CM9 mags (for carry) either,but changed to Lakeline to be sure; read a thread somewhere here about sanding the plastic follower hump smooth and tried that and had no problems either. SOooo, the Lakelines went into my 6rd. mags (for competition where they're used more) and the plastic followers back into the carry mags. still work great! go figure.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER

Quote Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
    I understand the 7 round magazine discussion.

However my Kahr MK9 is superior to Kimber offerings while I was considering one.

Along came the revised Sig P365 with a 10 or 12 or 15 round magazine. It is a compact, reliable, and accurate pistol.

And if the Sig don't get it done you always have the dog for a back up plan. Good looking pup.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

i have a few Kahr 7 rounds magazines - haven't had any issues but i've really polished up the feed ramp maybe that helped

im waiting to see how things pan out with Magguts too - they're working on a +1 for both the 6 and 7 round CM9 magazines - they change out your follower on the magazine along with the spring and you can load one more round without changing the base - turning a 6 round standard magazine into a 7 round, then add one to the chamber and you got 8 rounds with your CM9 - the 7 round magazines now hold 8 with 1 in the chamber giving you 9 - not bad for a small carry gun

i'd be very interested in that - i have one of the Galloway Precision magazine extensions and it's well worth the $$$ - having large hands that 1/2" extension plate comes in handy, much more comfortable for me than the 6 round magazine

Balddog5: Thank you for that reference to Magguts. I didn't know about them. Certainly one to watch if they offer a kit for my CM9. I can imagine purchasing a Kahr 7-rd. and adding their kit for an 8+1 CM9..!! NOW we're talking..!! Almost sounds too good to be real, but time will tell.
    At the moment...I have 2 Kahr 6-rd mags that are functioning flawlessly in my CM9 with everything I've put through them...various jhp carry rds, military fmj, and my (relatively mild) cast bullet reloads. I don't want to screw that up, but would really like to up my magazine round count and get that Sig P365 outta my head..!!

I view accuracy more important then round count, also light weight is a factor for me. Most self defense situations require few rounds.

Words of wisdom right there boys and girls. NOthing prettier than loaded magazines stacked from here to the horizon but you most likely won't need them.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

If you need more than 6 rds., you're in the wrong place with the wrong firearm........................................... ......

I have never got the PM45 extended mags to run reliably. I think I hold my mouth wrong or something.
    Never had any issues with my PM9 running longer mags, I even use a T9 mag on a blue moon, and they run fine.
    NRA Benefactor

I never tried an extended in my PM45, don't have one. I've run some 1911 mags with mixed success, they all run, some don't lock back on empty which don't bother me much. One reason for me the PM45 is a perfect running mate for a 1911.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan