Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Analog Skagen Watch

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Cool.

by the way, keep the watch, throw away the cell phone. You need the watch to know when to do important stuff like when to go fishing or when the range opens.
    I think I saw that in a Corona ad... it skipped really far

Hey guys and ohsheepdog, the Skagen watch arrived safe and sound today and she's a beauty. Way nicer looking in person than in photos. As usual my impatience grabbed right hold and out to my man cave I went and darned if luck didn't shine on me once again and I found the right size battery and I got it running like a swiss er danish watch.
    Getting the cover off and especially getting it back on was quite the challenge but after a few choice words and a few breaks so I didn't bust something we got r dun.
    I have small girly man wrist and even with the large face, the way the band is set up it fits good, enough notches to get it just right.

I'm plumb tickled. I just need to make sure I wear me old one when working in the shop and this nice one when I'm at work or doing stuff where it won't get messed up.

Mighty stylish, let me tell ya.

Thank you once again for sending it to me.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Awesome! Glad you're happy! Now go forth and retire!!

Easier said than done but I'm working on that as we speak. Target date Halloween but might have to push back till end of the year.

Still doing recon and getting information.

Also debating on doing like a few other before me and getting fixed up using sick leave before I pull the plug.
    They told me a Sgt is doing that, getting a shoulder fixed (like I need to do) and then he's just not coming back.

I got probably a year of sick leave that just goes away, which I'm fine with that if my retirement medical works.l
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

That's what several of our guys have done. Another one is going to cash it in and use the money to get him by for the next 6 months while he just relaxes and looks for a second career. Hes not looking for anything challenging so that shouldn't be hard. Lol

We can't cash it in out here or that's what I would do. I was told I couldn't cash in comp time and then found out it was in the contract that I could.

So I did, got it on Friday, Monday the guy shows up with the Wilson, good bye comp time check. Oh well the Wilson is better than money.

I have a package going out to you tomorrow or probably more likely Tuesday. I don't do the post office so wife handles it when she gets the time.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    We can't cash it in out here or that's what I would do. I was told I couldn't cash in comp time and then found out it was in the contract that I could.

So I did, got it on Friday, Monday the guy shows up with the Wilson, good bye comp time check. Oh well the Wilson is better than money.

I have a package going out to you tomorrow or probably more likely Tuesday. I don't do the post office so wife handles it when she gets the time.
    Thanks!

Just a quick follow up. This Skagen has been on my wrist every day since it arrived. Me old watch is sitting on the dresser, I just use it at night in the dark if I want to see what time it is.
    I love this watch. Super comfortable, forget it's there. Flat, light. Probably best watch I ever wore.

So far I haven't messed it up which is a good thing.

Even can tell time now without no numbers. Heck I think even Jocko could do it.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Just a quick follow up. This Skagen has been on my wrist every day since it arrived. Me old watch is sitting on the dresser, I just use it at night in the dark if I want to see what time it is.
    I love this watch. Super comfortable, forget it's there. Flat, light. Probably best watch I ever wore.

So far I haven't messed it up which is a good thing.

Even can tell time now without no numbers. Heck I think even Jocko could do it.
    Awesome! So glad you're happy with it!

Old thread update, this Skagen is still and always on my wrist. I think it's the best watch I ever owned. Only downfall is no light and I can't see good enough to see the date which don't matter anymore anyhow since everyday is Saturday.
    Guess the light don't matter either, if you can't see it you know it be night time, is you can you know it be day time. Crap solved that easy enough.

I want to thank Sheepdog once again. I thought I'd be using it for special occasions but it hasn't left my arm since I got it going.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan