Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop

Thread: Tried out new striker spring

Default Tried out new striker spring

Today was the first chance to try out the MCarbo striker spring in my PM9. I could not be more pleased. No light strikes with 4 different brands of ammo. MUCH lighter trigger pull. That helped my accuracy a lot. I needed that. Highly recommend it.

Update: Well back to the range today and no joy. Six fail to fire using the same Winchester Nato 9mm ammo I used last time. I will change the spring back to stock and see if that fixes the issue. I hope it was just some bad ammo. Six miss fires out of 100 rounds is no good.
    Last edited by LinemanBob; 09-06-2019 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Additional information

Thanks. My cm9 pull weight is less than 5 pounds but it has well over 1000 through it so it may make my trigger lighter than yours was. I like mine well, very light but smooth all the way through.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Is the MCarbo a 3# spring?

I put the Wolff 5# in my P9. A little lighter than stock but didn’t really increase my accuracy.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Is the MCarbo a 3# spring?

I put the Wolff 5# in my P9. A little lighter than stock but didn’t really increase my accuracy.
    I cannot measure the actual pull weight but I am guessing around 4lbs. The accuracy increase we NOT due to the spring but due to me not having to pull so hard. I still need a LOT more range time before I am satisfied with my shooting.

I just put the MCarbo spring kit in my CM9. Very pleased. 3 different kinds of ammo, no issues whatsoever. I don't have a trigger pull gauge and I'm not going to guess. The trigger pull is definitely lighter. Still very smooth. I really notice the improvement in accuracy when I stretch the range out beyond 10 yds. At the usual 5-6 yd "up close and personal" ranges I don't think there would be much difference. Lately, I have been working on stretching the distance at which I can safely and confidently engage a target.
    The MCarbo kit seems to be helping. If someone will offer a way to shorten the pull length, I would like to try that as well.
    FWIW: I also installed their kit in my Ruger LCP. Same result..All Good. I believe the net effect in the Ruger was greater than in the CM9, which already had decent trigger....just a little heavier than necessary.