Xssights   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr CT380 frame warped, pitted, plastic shavings, damaged

Default Kahr CT380 frame warped, pitted, plastic shavings, damaged

Just purchased a new CT380 got it home and started a take down and clean when i started noticing a number of potential issues.
    Is this pretty standard stuff? Never been fired and fresh out of the box. The frame is bowed out and it dips down slightly from the slide. The rails look pitted, scratched up, and there is plastic shavings all over the frame.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Pretty normal, the bow is standard, they are all like that.

The plastic shavings will just wear off or you can trim them with like an exacto knife and they won't come back.

I don't think there's any real reason for concern.

The plastic really doesn't do anything but hold the metal rails front and rear, the front doesn't appear to be much but it's modular and one piece, both sides all one piece of metal covered in tupperware.

I think your ok.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Agree with Bawanna.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Ok, good to know.

I have handled a few but this is the first i have owned and taken down for inspection. Im guessing the CT380 is part of the value series of pistols so some of this was expected. I got a great deal on it for $230.

Also agree with Bawanna.

Kahr poly firearms have never been known for their exquisite fit and finish. Agreeing with the other comments that none of the pictures show anything that I would be concerned about performance wise, it does not make a great impression on a new Kahr firearm owner. My CW380 looked a lot like your CT380 where as my CM9 was actually a much better fit and finish. You can do a fluff and buff and sand and polish some of the rough edges off or do what most of us do.....shoot the heck out of it and let it wear into smoothness. Don't worry, you will not be sorry you bought it.

As a formally very active member of this board was fond of saying..."shoot the fokker like you stole it."

Kind of miss that saying. I better check in with the old sheep herder and see how he's doing.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by chengpu42 View Post
    Ok, good to know.

I have handled a few but this is the first i have owned and taken down for inspection. Im guessing the CT380 is part of the value series of pistols so some of this was expected. I got a great deal on it for $230.
    $230 is a great deal.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Yes it is. I paid $280 plus shipping & tax for mine a few years ago and thought it was a great deal. They are neat little pistols.
    Should add that mine came pretty clean inside when new.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling