Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else have a 9mm striker break?

Default Anyone else have a 9mm striker break?

I just broke my second one on my Kahr PM9 I've had since 2013. The first time was two years ago and I figured it was just normal wear and tear, but now I am not so sure.

I do dry fire a good bit (about 150-250 dry fires per week by my very rough estimate), but always with snap caps. I am going to have Kahr take a look at it, but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if anyone knows of robust aftermarket 9mm strikers. Thanks.

I have not however I will say I seldom dry fire a striker type gun, too me it seems not a good practice. I fully understand why people do dry fire practice.

No striker problems with my CM9 after 1400 rounds and a few hundred dry fires.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

The one and only problem with my CM9 was a broken striker with less than 500 rds thru it. Sent it to Kahr...replaced and sent back to me ...still working good after a few 1000 rds and is my EDC.
    Last edited by Mike_usn_ret; 08-25-2019 at 06:39 PM.

HankHill.....I use the CM9....everyday carry-right hand jeans pocket. I have fired probably 60 rounds total. My serial number is IO0533-so not sure about the mfg. date -probably 2011 or 2012. Purchased mine about a year ago. My CM is completely original with no mods. I have dry fired without any snap cap protection and I couldn't attest to how may times, but I would say maybe 3 or 4 hundred times plus what ever times for field striping. No problems of any kind. My local gunshop had my gun in the showcase several years before I finally bought it. I can recall seeing it there while browsing ,even handling it. Sure glad that it didn't get away from me.
    "No Matter Where You Go----There You Are !!"

My 380 striker broke early on, but I have had no problem with the 9.

Had another one break, though I think the culprit is simply a lot of dryfire practice; even with snap caps I guess it only takes so many repetitions for the thing to break. I think it'll just have to become a part I change out every 4 or 6 months, sorta like the oil in a car you drive a lot

Hank - how many rounds/dry fires?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Hank - how many rounds/dry fires?
    Many for dry fire, not as much for shooting. Dry fire for about 1.5 hours a week, shooting about 150-200 rounds per month. Over 6 months that's about 39 hours of dryfire and even with one dryfire every 15 seconds that's over 9,000 dry fires. I figure that is decent mileage all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by HankHill View Post
    Many for dry fire, not as much for shooting. Dry fire for about 1.5 hours a week, shooting about 150-200 rounds per month. Over 6 months that's about 39 hours of dryfire and even with one dryfire every 15 seconds that's over 9,000 dry fires. I figure that is decent mileage all things considered.
    Well, that’s a lot rounds. 9mm strikers are cheap enough so I think I’ll add one to my Kahr spare parts bag.