Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights

Thread: strange issue with CM9

Default strange issue with CM9

I had to call Kahr for some parts (mag. release spring, slide release). They asked me for the serial number and model. I gave them both and they came back with an odd response. They asked if I was sure it was a CM9, I said "Yes", looking at the slide and box right now. They said that the serial number I had given them was assigned to a PM9. They then asked me to look at the manual and read the last page where the warranty certificate was located. They asked if it said, one year warranty or five year warranty. I said that it read, "five year" warranty. Apparently, the frame was allocated for a PM9, but was put on a CM9. Because of that, my warranty is for the PM9, which gives me an additional 4 years. My CM9 is the one with the black cerekoted slide. See picture below. Since I put in the new mag. release spring and slide release the problems I was having have resolved. Has anyone else ever checked their serial numbers with Kahr?

That’s good on the warranty.

Kahr can be funny with the warranty. I sent them an email because the nut came off the end of the captured recoil spring assembly in my CM9. I asked if they would send me a nut. Instead they sent me an entire new RSA. I provided no info about the age of the pistol and they didn’t ask anything about it.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

They have always been pretty good about that stuff. Heard of this many times.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I wonder if the barrel is CM or PM

Quote Originally Posted by skiflydive View Post
    I wonder if the barrel is CM or PM
    A quick look by handlebar can answer that. No research involved.

I will look to see if conventional vs polygonal rifling and report back.

the rifling is conventional and not polygonal. Even though the serial number was assigned to a PM9, the barrel is definitely for the CM9.