Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Xssights

Thread: New Ruger semiauto

Default New Ruger semiauto

Didn’t need one, didn’t particularly want another one, but this SR9 was such a great bargain at $299.99 plus $4.99 shipping, I couldn’t resist. That’s over $100 cheaper than the first one I bought when they first came out. The SR series are very good guns for the $$$, and are much nicer than their RAP & Security 9 models, IMO.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Sweet!

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Congratulations!! Nice ArmyBrat, IMO one of the best deals going in firearms today. Love mine.as you well know. Love the new one you just got. I like buying two of the guns I use often. Have two Pico's, want a second Kahr CW380, CM9. Just bought a second Nano.

Here is the Ruger, broken down.

New Nano

Yeah, the “chassis” of the SR9 is stainless steel vs aluminum in the Security 9. A big plus in its favor.

With the big price reduction and possible discontinuance, I wonder if Ruger is planning another compact model similar to the Sig P365?
    -Rudyard Kipling

Why do you like it better than the RAP? I haven't handled a SR9, but I have handled the RAP. I was under the impression that the RAP is a step up and in a higher class, so to speak, than the SR9, and the SR9 was a budget model.

I agree... Lots of grear deals. Get em while you can. I have a feeling in my bones that these deals won't last, and prices will go way up... I picked up a M&P 2.0 9mm for $310 and a Beretta APX Compact 9mm for $269. The CZ P10's are going for $360, and XD's and XD 2.0s are going for the mid $300s... I still can't understand why people are paying $500-$600 for Glocks in this market.

To me, the RAP is very bulky like the Glock. I prefer slender grips - maybe Kahr spoiled me in that respect.
    -Rudyard Kipling