Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Brass shavings striker channel CT380

Default Brass shavings striker channel CT380

Brand new CT380 fully disassembled/cleaned before first range trip. First range trip ran about 225 rounds Aguila 95 grain FMJ. Had some issues with failure to go into battery, which required a nice slap on the ass to get into battery. Got it home did a full break down and the striker channel was full of brass shavings.

This part of the break in? I have never seen this any other firearm i have.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Have you inspected your brass to see where it's coming from? Howabout posting a few pics?
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

That's not uncommon and it's been brought up here before. Most people clean it out, leave the striker channel dry (no lube), and squirt the channel out periodically with CRC Brake Clean or similar through the small hole in the forward end of the striker channel.

No brass shavings in mine after 600 rounds when I changed the striker out for a Lakeline.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    Have you inspected your brass to see where it's coming from? Howabout posting a few pics?
    I don't have the brass casings. In general i don't pickup my spent brass at the range. I didn't discover it until later. Next trip i will keep some for inspection.

When i cleaned out the striker channel the entire q-tip was covered in brass, it was alot.

That's EXACTLY why I pull out strikers and firing pins periodically. Brass shavings, unburned powder, potato chip crumbs, all have their way of getting blasted into areas where you don't want them.

Old thread but i figured out the issue.
    I was having the typical issues of ammo not feeding. I found a youtube video that showed how to file down the extractor to improve feeding. It worked very well and eliminated the feeding and shavings issue. When the rounds would not feed properly the extractor was popping over the rim of the casing as it went into battery and shaving off small pieces of brass. Now if i could solve all the other issues i would love the firearm.