Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Round Count Kahrs?

Default High Round Count Kahrs?

Fellas, I have a P9 with approximately 1,000 rounds through it. Not a particularly high round count, but I looked the gun over very carefully today to see if I could find any obvious signs of undue wear...and I could not. Clean, it still looks new. It's never been in for service and has been reliable and accurate from Day 1.

Now I'm curious about the experiences of others, and how many rounds they might have through their Kahr pistol(s)? I'd appreciate hearing some numbers from members here on the topic. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DAinTX View Post
    Fellas, I have a P9 with approximately 1,000 rounds through it. Not a particularly high round count, but I looked the gun over very carefully today to see if I could find any obviously signs of undue wear...and I could not. Clean, it still looks new. It's never been in for service and has been reliable and accurate from Day 1.

Now I'm curious about the experiences of others, and how many rounds they might have through their Kahr pistol(s)? I'd appreciate hearing from you on the topic. Thanks.
    I only own steel framed Kahrs.. No high round count on any of mine that I've personally put on them, but just about all but one of my Kahrs have been purchased used. One that was manufactered in 2014 was a T&E gun or a range gun from what I could tell by the stickers on the box it came it. It still looked new, but very dirty when I purchased it.

I have four others two of which were manufactured in 2000 and 2013 respectively. Both still look brand new with little wear.

Anybody remember the last round count ole Jocko had on his PM9. It was upwards of 30,000 wasn't it? Have to look back.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

This video looks at a PM9 with over 30K rounds through it. "The Firearm Guy" I think there was another video where Jocko or another member examine there high round count Kahr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2KrUCjlS7I
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Thanks Topgun. The older PM9 in the video allegedly has 43K to 45K rounds through it! Pretty darned impressive for a pocket pistol, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    This video looks at a PM9 with over 30K rounds through it. "The Firearm Guy" I think there was another video where Jocko or another member examine there high round count Kahr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2KrUCjlS7I
    I believe that is jocko’s actual pm9 in that video. Long ago he posted a picture of his and it was exactly like that.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Pretty sure there are quite a few out there with more than my 1,000 rounds (+/-) through their Kahr pistol.
    Last edited by DAinTX; 08-26-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Wife and I each have a K9 Elite and a PM9. We got the K9's back about 1997. And the Pm9's about 2001. We have our own shooting range and these toys were shot about 3x per week and about 100 rnds. each, each session. Now with old age setting in they get shot 1X per week. I sure we've far surpassed 40,000 through each
    In all this time I can't remember ever having a malfunction. We had misfires due to bad primers but that's all. They get cleaned twice a year

Oh! We shoot my cast 124 gr. lead truncated bullets through them. 10 mags. Five have a jacketed rnd. as the last rnd. to be shot. Very little barrel leading.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4 Kahrs x 40,000+ each! That's amazing, jg! Thanks for the response.
    Last edited by DAinTX; 08-29-2019 at 04:40 PM.

The gun the Firearms guy is shooting is in fact Jocko's gun. Pretty impressive.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."