Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Carry Gun

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I carry IWB at 1:30 so slide length is critical. I can carry my CT380 or CM9 comfortably but my P9 is a little too long. This pic convinces me that I can carry a P365 comfortably.
    You just described my AIWB carry method exactly and your analysis is spot on.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I have a Sig P365 on my hip right now. It is a superb small pisto.

It can use 10, 12, or 15 round magazines.

it is accurate and reliable.

it is simple to take down for maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    You just described my AIWB carry method exactly and your analysis is spot on.
    Sig will thank you for the sale of one additional unit.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

For pocket carry, I prefer a longer trigger pull like the Kahrs. I holster carry striker fired pistols. YMMV

I have a CM9, a MX9 and a Sig P365. The biggest thing I find between the three is the effort to rack the slide. Both my Kahr's are very hard for me to rack the slide when loading the first round from the magazine. With the Kahr's I always have to make sure I already have 1 in the chamber before leaving the house. The P365 is extremely easy to load in the 1st round out of a full round loaded mag. It takes about half the effort to load or unload the Sig. Therefore I only carry the Sig and the Kahrs have been sent to the safe. As far as size, they are all three close enough to the same that size doesn't come into play. If I wear pants with large pockets like Dickies carpenter shorts, I can very easily carry any of the three in a front pocket with a pocket holster. Another plus for the Sig is it holds 10 or 12 rounds, that's a big advantage for me. As far as shooting accuracy there is not much difference but the sig has a identifiable trigger break point, so I know when it is going to fire. I installed the flat trigger in my P365 and it tightened up my groups the smallest of the three guns.

I agree with markman. For pocket carry I prefer the longer trigger pull.

I can see having the longer trigger pull for pocket carry. The local shop has the Sig with a safety. I’ll give that one a look.

I need to drop 20# before 1:30 carry position would be ideal. I usually carry at 5:00 IWB. I’m looking for pocket carry as another option for the humidity. IWB will make things a sweaty mess in Florida.

I had a 365 and switched it out for a Sig 938, with the right pocket holster it is great and a good shooter. It is the smallest yet and holds 8.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Darn jeepster, that is small. I had told myself I didn’t need a 938 and now I’m thinking maybe I do....
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I am not a 1911 guy....but the Sig 938 is fantastic, accurate, lite and well made. Using the right pocket holster it is perfect.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!