Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Walmart

[QUOTE=dustnchips;408975]Walmart did not ban concealed carry. They did ban open carry because it makes many customers uneasy. That seems fair to me. As to what they choose to sell that is their decision just as it is ours as to where we spend our money.[/QU
    E]

Totally agree, I was never fan of open carry ! It’s their store aBut I do feel this ammo. An was simply a feel good decision which will have no bearing on shootings let alone put legal owners in rural areas at a big inconvevidn! Thank God for rural king! With this country in a pickle anyhow over gun controls do we really need to shove our 2Nd amendment rights in their face? I do feel sticking ur firearm infer ur shirt or in ur pants can save more lives than exposing yourself
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    Me personally, I don't feel that I owe my LGS any charity or welfare. I work hard for my money. I take time out of my life and away from my friends and family to be able to pay for things that I want. As such, I will go to who ever has the best price. Firearms at just about all of the LGS in my area are marked up from $100-$200 vs internet prices plus they charge tax. Ammo is marked up as well. I already have to pay by the hour to use their range as well as pay for ammo. If I have to buy their ammo, I'll use their range less often. When I was able to buy cheap ammo from Wal-Mart, I went to their range more. I grantee you they make a bigger profit from me going to their range vs me buying their high priced range ammo. I don't have and can't afford to keep going to the range on a regular basis if I'm spending $60 on a couple of boxes of ammo, $15-$20 per hour for a both, and $1.50 per target... I could get a both of 200 for under $30 at Wal-Mart...

With that said, for me and people like me, it's a huge loss. My only opinion now will be to save up, and buy in bulk online. I refuse to by ammo or firearms from my LGS until they drop their prices.
    You are missing an important point:. Once all the LGSs close up, the only option will be to buy online. Then, when they shut down online sales, we all will be SOL. Everything will be unavailable at any price.

Best wishes.
    ​O|||||||O

Yaaa exposing yourself just don't seem to work out....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I’ve never bought ammo at any of the Walmarts near me.

My concern is that as the number of retailers dwindles, it becomes easier for them to be targeted by financial institutions.
    Not really Wal Mart that is hurting local gun dealers, but these anti gun states like Illinois is putting local dealers out of business . Their new laws that went In effective in July now are 1500$ for 3 year license, bars on all windows an doors, alarm systems. When will this ever stop?? What Wal Mart really has started is gun control coming in the back door👍👍 Fokk um, take ur business elsewhere, but let um know to🙈
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Walmart has been criticized for destroying "Main Street" stores near their locations. While there are at least two sides to this, WMT reduces the US cost of living due to their scale, cost efficiencies and tough tactics. Several years ago some economists placed the annual savings at $2,300 per American family, whether they shopped at WMT or not, due to driving down prices of what they sell and forcing other retailers to follow. On the whole, I think this is good. An exception to me would be in the firearms and ammunition areas. Where there are local gun stores or larger retailers who do gun and ammo sales, I see benefits to having more business going to those who want to support Second Amendment products. I think having more retailers providing these items is better than fewer. There may be somewhat higher prices, but likely better selections.

Quote Originally Posted by finpro View Post
    Walmart has been criticized for destroying "Main Street" stores near their locations. While there are at least two sides to this, WMT reduces the US cost of living due to their scale, cost efficiencies and tough tactics. Several years ago some economists placed the annual savings at $2,300 per American family, whether they shopped at WMT or not, due to driving down prices of what they sell and forcing other retailers to follow. On the whole, I think this is good. An exception to me would be in the firearms and ammunition areas. Where there are local gun stores or larger retailers who do gun and ammo sales, I see benefits to having more business going to those who want to support Second Amendment products. I think having more retailers providing these items is better than fewer. There may be somewhat higher prices, but likely better selections.
    They're only factoring in the prices of things, and totally ignoring the number of people that Walmart and others have caused to become unemployed because of outsourcing manufacturing to China and other countries. Business forgets (or willingly ignores), the reason the north won the civil war and the US and its allies won WW1 and 2 was due to the US ability to produce armament, shipping, and all other war related necessities so quickly and in tremendous amounts. Heaven help us if we ever enter into another large scale war that is protracted. We would never survive the attrition.

So, while prices are lower in part because Walmart and others produce in China, our middle class has shrunk in size greatly because family wage jobs have decreased by tens of millions. And that has to be factored into the country's standard of living. Economists that are politically and/or biased in favor of big business are not going to tell us that.

Our dependence on China is less the fault of US retailers and more the fault of US trade policy and the public's desire for low prices. Walmart and the others are just following the logical direction. Economists think automation and other productivity measures, making more from less labor input, and large scale illegal immigration, in addition to government policies, explain adverse employment and wage impacts.

The US will not likely fight a protracted WWII-style conflict in which multitudes of tanks and planes must be built over a sustained period. A nuclear war or something similar will involve weapons already in place. A protracted war, as in Iraq and Afghanistan, will not tax our productive resources beyond our ability to resupply our needs. That said, I think we should reduce dependence on China and other bad actors and enhance production here and in friendlier countries.

Again, my basic point is I want profitable firearm and ammo business to go to those who fully support the Second Amendment.
    Last edited by finpro; 09-08-2019 at 02:46 PM.

I have pretty much been all over my state. The problem/issue that I see most is the fact that they(Walmart) move in to a town and either build a new store or take an existing building over and sometimes expand that. Then after a certain period of time, they move to another, usually larger location. This happens in towns that have populations of 30,000 people or less. In the past, these towns had one or two main places to shop. Most have/had been in business for a long time. There was plenty of business for 2 stores. The owners children attended school together. Now, they are both out of business. Many people lose their jobs. What happens to the old Walmart location? Nothing...……...forever...……….it's too large for anyone in town to have any use for the building, and too expensive if they did have a use. So, it sits, and sits. The parking lot is paved, taking up space, and not being used. They turn in to eyesores real quick. There are old stores in the northern part of my state that I can remember seeing 20 years ago that are still there, still empty, and still and eyesore, only worse as time passes. It hurts a community when they have such a large space sitting there......

Quote Originally Posted by finpro View Post
    Our dependence on China is less the fault of US retailers and more the fault of US trade policy and the public's desire for low prices. Walmart and the others are just following the logical direction. Economists think automation and other productivity measures, making more from less labor input, and large scale illegal immigration are likely the reasons, in addition to government policies.

It is unlikely the US will fight a protracted WWII-style conflict in which multitudes of tanks and planes must be built over a sustained period. A nuclear war or something similar will involve weapons already in place. A protracted war, as in Iraq and Afghanistan, will not tax our productive resources beyond our ability to resupply our needs. That said, I think we should reduce dependence on China and other adverse actors and enhance production here and in friendlier countries.

Again, my basic point is I want profitable firearm and ammo business to go to those who fully support the Second Amendment.
    On that we agree

Went to Rural King today....plenty of ammo in stock...not as cheap as Walmart, but cheaper than the LGS and range.