Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart

I used to buy at Walmart occasionally during the Obama Ammunition Shortage but because of crappy help and limited supply I stopped. There are 6-8 stores I can buy from within about 6 miles of my local Walmart so if I need some in a hurry I can run out and get it. Last couple thousand I bought were internet purchases. I don't see Walmart's move as an anti 2A move. I think it's more of a move to limit their liability exposure. They're still going to sell some firearms and ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    I am happy they are making this virtue signaling statement. Cheap ammo, yep but they have destroyed the ammo sales of your LGS. It's long past time shooters in this country stop looking for the absolute lowest cost for everything and support the local stores that are struggling to keep their store going. I understand internet sales for those who buy thousands of rounds at one time but if you think your ability to continue to purchase ammo over the internet, you better make damn sure you go to the polls next year. In the meantime, support your LGS and thank them for being in business.
    I agree with this support local theory. I always check with the local shops before an online purchase. It's a tough racket and not a lot of margin especially on guns. Where shops make their loot is accessories, holsters, cleaning stuff etc.
    I usually am not buying new stuff and often times find stuff that local shops can't even get so at least the one shop doesn't mind doing the transfers.
    Our other local shop quit doing gun transfers for online purchases all together, says he don't have the people to track down paperwork and stuff.
    The downfall is they are almost always at least a 100 bucks higher than anybody else. I dont know how he stays in business but must be folks that don't do their homework buying there.
    I can't afford to just pay the 100 bucks to support them. I don't blame any shop for making a profit, they have to but seems like they could spread it around a little more or something.

I've never bought ammo or guns from Walmart, usually no help around if I wanted to. Rarely buy from Cabela's, like to look there but usually lousy help and take a number for the help too. Then it takes forever to process the paperwork.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Living in a rural area, Wal-mart is our main go-to store for groceries, etc.. We can drive to another town, but then you add in the commute, traffic, etc. Our other local grocery store is as likely to sell you expired food as not. Literally you have to check the dates on everything perishable.

For many folks further out, Wal-mart was their only ammo option. Mail order of course where legal, but many folks just want to run and buy what they need off the shelf. So the 20% of ammo sales cut off means many folks will not have local options for handgun ammo.

I think this is just the beginning. The trend now is gun owners are being made pariahs, and our rights do not matter. The antis are targeting us in the wallet. Banks closing accounts of gun shops/makers, credit cards blocking gun purchases, major retailers dropping our products. They know what they are doing. If a Dem takes the Whitehouse in 2020, we are in for the worst attack on our rights in the history of the United States. In particular if they also take the Senate. They already said they will pack the Supreme Court if it does not cooperate. All bets are off as to what they will do to us.
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

I don't hardly go to any stores but my wife and daughter shop at Walmart frequently and will no doubt continue to do so. It's actually been a career aspiration to become a door greeter for them although they don't agree with my door greeting manual of arms as it were.
    We almost have an officer there constantly for shop lifters and miscreants. I could stay in touch with my coworkers.

For many years we never had a department store in town, everyone was thrilled when we got a Fred Meyers which is kind of like a Walmart, you can get groceries and a pair of shoes or jewelry all in the same building. They have really gone down hill in my book. They used to have tools and hardware and even a little lumber, many of my first guns were bought at Fred Meyers, then they got out. Few years ago, they got back in and now just recently got out again.

Maybe it's a yo yo syndrome.

I agree with JohnH, we got a tough time ahead of us, I truly hope that Trump prevails over the what 30 contenders?

He reminds me of myself here at work, everyone agrees with me but no one admits it cause it's not politically correct these days.

Just yesterday we had an all city meeting and they were talking about growth and attracting business, and homelessness etc.
    We include the population of our prison in our city which apparently the rules change when we reach a certain number. They are trying to make it so they don't count.

I couldn't hold myself back and made some suggestions. Told them we were big enough now that you can hardly get through town on a Saturday or any other day, if we exclude the prison we should add the homeless folks and the democrats to that prison population and keep them there. The homeless want to be homeless so they can do drugs and alcohol and not work. Offer them housing and they can't keep it cause they won't give up the drugs.
    So put them in the prison where they aren't even allowed cigarettes anymore and it would be a perfect solution.

Lots of smiles and head nodding before I was excused from the meeting which was my goal all along in the first place.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Great news for Rural King!!!!

Bawanna, you speak the truth.....unfortunately these days very few what to hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by skiflydive View Post
    I used to buy at Walmart occasionally during the Obama Ammunition Shortage but because of crappy help and limited supply I stopped. There are 6-8 stores I can buy from within about 6 miles of my local Walmart so if I need some in a hurry I can run out and get it. Last couple thousand I bought were internet purchases. I don't see Walmart's move as an anti 2A move. I think it's more of a move to limit their liability exposure. They're still going to sell some firearms and ammo.
    How can it be a liability thing when they will continue to sell ammo and some firearms? The ammo they will continue to sell can be used in Assault Weapons. The AR15 does not come in a single flavor. In order for them to stop selling ammo for Assault Weapons they literally have to stop selling ammo period, or focus on the obscure calibers that wont move and they do not deal n anything that doesn't move.

In my opinion it is absolutely an attack on my rights. I am trying to figure out how not to shop there but in my opinion the issue is more what can I actually purchase? The soaps I use come from an anti corp... the foods I eat come from anti corps.. the bank I use gives or supports anti organizations.. nearly everything that isn't firearms related is somehow connected to an anti organization. What irks me more than that is the supposed gun rights supporters that don't actually support gun rights.. they tell me to conceal carry instead of open carry or turn in your AR because that isn't a hunting arm or good for self defense or that I don't need a Glock with a high capacity magazine when a 5 shot snubby will do.

I read a meme that says "Wal mart failed to protect its customers, and now asks that customers stop protecting themselves."

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    How can it be a liability thing when they will continue to sell ammo and some firearms? The ammo they will continue to sell can be used in Assault Weapons. The AR15 does not come in a single flavor. In order for them to stop selling ammo for Assault Weapons they literally have to stop selling ammo period, or focus on the obscure calibers that wont move and they do not deal n anything that doesn't move.

In my opinion it is absolutely an attack on my rights. I am trying to figure out how not to shop there but in my opinion the issue is more what can I actually purchase? The soaps I use come from an anti corp... the foods I eat come from anti corps.. the bank I use gives or supports anti organizations.. nearly everything that isn't firearms related is somehow connected to an anti organization. What irks me more than that is the supposed gun rights supporters that don't actually support gun rights.. they tell me to conceal carry instead of open carry or turn in your AR because that isn't a hunting arm or good for self defense or that I don't need a Glock with a high capacity magazine when a 5 shot snubby will do.
    I didn't say eliminate liability exposure, I said reduce. Nobody can testify "I bought the ammo for my Glock I killed that guy with at Walmart."
    I maintain it's not a 2A issue because there are lots of options to buy ammo from. I run a business myself and I get to decide what I sell or not...(It's not a bakery...)

A small way to start your protests is to MAKE SURE you vote in Primary Elections as well as main elections. Usually the good guys get bumped out in the Primary's by the radical special interest.
    Therefore only the extremes end up in the general election. Here where I live everyone whines about high taxes only to find out when a tax levy is rolled out it is in "off year" election where only about 600 people vote out of a population of about 60,000. Stay focused and vote out the radicals that are taking away our rights. Walmart only follows trends to appease the special interest with the LOUD MOUTHS.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!