Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart

VOTE!!!!!! Amen.

Don't let them take our rights away. They are attacking our free speech 1st Amendment, and our 2nd Amendment! If they get their way they will COMPLETELY
    transform America....................sad to say, it seems we are on our way!
    I don't want that to happen!
    If you don't vote you have no right to complain.

Me personally, I don't feel that I owe my LGS any charity or welfare. I work hard for my money. I take time out of my life and away from my friends and family to be able to pay for things that I want. As such, I will go to who ever has the best price. Firearms at just about all of the LGS in my area are marked up from $100-$200 vs internet prices plus they charge tax. Ammo is marked up as well. I already have to pay by the hour to use their range as well as pay for ammo. If I have to buy their ammo, I'll use their range less often. When I was able to buy cheap ammo from Wal-Mart, I went to their range more. I grantee you they make a bigger profit from me going to their range vs me buying their high priced range ammo. I don't have and can't afford to keep going to the range on a regular basis if I'm spending $60 on a couple of boxes of ammo, $15-$20 per hour for a both, and $1.50 per target... I could get a both of 200 for under $30 at Wal-Mart...

With that said, for me and people like me, it's a huge loss. My only opinion now will be to save up, and buy in bulk online. I refuse to by ammo or firearms from my LGS until they drop their prices.

Quote Originally Posted by skiflydive View Post
    I didn't say eliminate liability exposure, I said reduce. Nobody can testify "I bought the ammo for my Glock I killed that guy with at Walmart."
    I maintain it's not a 2A issue because there are lots of options to buy ammo from. I run a business myself and I get to decide what I sell or not...(It's not a bakery...)

Ah but the people who caused Walmart to take this position are in fact attacking the second amendment and this is just one of the things they are doing.

They could reduce their liability by hiring some armed guards and protecting the customers. They may not be able to say he got the ammo for his Glock there but they will be able to say he got the ammo for his sniper rifle or his sniper rifle there until they stop selling firearms and ammo altogether.

Banks are refusing to service manufacturers and gun shops and other shops that sell firearms and related items. Eventually there will be no gun shops left.

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    Me personally, I don't feel that I owe my LGS any charity or welfare. I work hard for my money. I take time out of my life and away from my friends and family to be able to pay for things that I want. As such, I will go to who ever has the best price. Firearms at just about all of the LGS in my area are marked up from $100-$200 vs internet prices plus they charge tax. Ammo is marked up as well. I already have to pay by the hour to use their range as well as pay for ammo. If I have to buy their ammo, I'll use their range less often. When I was able to buy cheap ammo from Wal-Mart, I went to their range more. I grantee you they make a bigger profit from me going to their range vs me buying their high priced range ammo. I don't have and can't afford to keep going to the range on a regular basis if I'm spending $60 on a couple of boxes of ammo, $15-$20 per hour for a both, and $1.50 per target... I could get a both of 200 for under $30 at Wal-Mart...

With that said, for me and people like me, it's a huge loss. My only opinion now will be to save up, and buy in bulk online. I refuse to by ammo or firearms from my LGS until they drop their prices.
    Unfortunately just the opposite is going to happen.....range gouging is coming. I think the heat is on and the ranges are looking ahead to when they will have to close and are going to make as much as they can, while they can. LGS use to be for the gun owners and had loyalty to those of us that used them. After buying several guns at my LGS I was expected to take beating after beating when I traded my firearms for different ones. Now I am not stupid, I know they make a profit and that is their business, but being offered 30% of what I paid just 2 or 3 months ago on a gun I bought there trading for a new firearm that is 25% higher than online is just wrong. Ammo , targets, cleaning supplies just like you said...way to high. Membership and gun rental fees are high enough and should provide a large percentage of a profit margin to give members a sight break on the other items they sell. At least one of my ranges is not by the hour rental, and I do not have to buy my ammo there to use the range....yet!

The range I frequent is not by the hour either, doubt I would ever do that. Also can use my own ammo.

The Pro Shop is pretty lean, haven't been there for quite awhile, not much inventory. It's a nice range and I look forward to being able to go there during the week with less crowds.

Here in Washington they made it so dealers have to charge tax even on out of state interstate sales. It's supposed to be that way for everything but guns are the only thing they can specifically track. So in essence they have made gun dealers tax collectors.

We got a few incredibly stupid new laws on the books. My favorite (NOT) is we can no longer show our CPL and walk out with a new gun after an instant check. All the checks have to go through LE now and have to wait a week at least usually for a mental check. This morning I had to take two guns I bought from a co worker to the shop, do the paperwork and I won't see them again for probably at least 10 days. This for guns that I've had for a month and shot last week.

I wouldn't even do the transfer but the seller being a Sgt insist we have to play by the rules.

Wyoming here I come. (I wish)
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yea, I'm basically saying that if the price were only a small percentage higher than Wal-Mart and online prices, I'd happily support my LGS. When the price difference is ridiculous, I'm going to shop elsewhere.

Mike, I had the same experience. I purchased a gun from my LGS for $450ish. A month or so later I tried trading the same gun in like new condition to go towards another gun, and they only wanted to give me little over $100 for it. I've seen other seemingly desperate for money people come in and reluctantly sell their firearms for pennies on the dollar. A few times I've been tempted to pull them to the side to offer them more than what they were going to sell it for.

M&P Shield for example can be purchased for around $300 or so online; however, at most LGS in my area, they cost over $400. Ammo is usually more to. I just can't afford to give money away just because. There's a reason why many people buy online and turned to Wal-Mart for ammo.

I support my LGS by buying nic nacs and to using their services, e.g., range, classes, gunsmithing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    The range I frequent is not by the hour either, doubt I would ever do that. Also can use my own ammo.

The Pro Shop is pretty lean, haven't been there for quite awhile, not much inventory. It's a nice range and I look forward to being able to go there during the week with less crowds.

Here in Washington they made it so dealers have to charge tax even on out of state interstate sales. It's supposed to be that way for everything but guns are the only thing they can specifically track. So in essence they have made gun dealers tax collectors.

We got a few incredibly stupid new laws on the books. My favorite (NOT) is we can no longer show our CPL and walk out with a new gun after an instant check. All the checks have to go through LE now and have to wait a week at least usually for a mental check. This morning I had to take two guns I bought from a co worker to the shop, do the paperwork and I won't see them again for probably at least 10 days. This for guns that I've had for a month and shot last week.

I wouldn't even do etc transfer but the seller being a Sgt insist we have to play by the rules.

Wyoming here I come. (I wish)
    The laws are going to get worse and even more stupid I fear. I don't understand a waiting period for people who have a permit and/or firearms already... I'm done trying to understand these laws and decisions these corporations are making... I've come to the conclusions that the goal is virtue signaling and to just make it as difficult and as costly as possible for people to own guns...

The range I go to will allow you to use your own ammo unless you rent a gun then they make you buy their range ammo which is crazy high like 10 rounds of .556 for $7.50 so if I can't buy a 100 round box for $30 bucks or so from Walmart it's the end of my AR rifle shooting days because.75 cents a pop is way over my price limit...Without Walmart my shooting time will be much less often than before which wasn't that frequent anyway due to the cost...

The grabbers have always wanted to go after ammo and I think we will soon see the end of internet sales and I can see background checks and a special permit required for ammo purchases as well limits of a couple boxes a month...I think we will see an end to reloading supplies without an expensive and difficult to obtain Federal license of some kind....If the Democrats take the White House and Senate we will see 10 round magazine limits as well as the return of the Clinton assault black rifle (anything semi auto) ban and possibly confiscation of newly illegal weapons and magazines or Federal Prison time for resistance at which time things will get ugly...

So get out and VOTE, it's our only hope

On the used guns you have to keep the LGS perspective in mind. Say a new pistol is 400, what would you pay for a used one of the same model 325, 300? So with that in mind, they are only going to offer maybe 175 to 200 for yours.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    I am happy they are making this virtue signaling statement. Cheap ammo, yep but they have destroyed the ammo sales of your LGS. It's long past time shooters in this country stop looking for the absolute lowest cost for everything and support the local stores that are struggling to keep their store going. I understand internet sales for those who buy thousands of rounds at one time but if you think your ability to continue to purchase ammo over the internet, you better make damn sure you go to the polls next year. In the meantime, support your LGS and thank them for being in business.
    Nearest gun shop now will be 30 miles, my Wal Mart was two miles. Z gunshops areclosing their door An getting out of this over regulated business. Mail order has hurt ur local gun shops. When Wal mart stops selling an then when it gets down to one gun shop within miles, be prepared to get screwed
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY