Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cant get cw380 sights to move

No different than any other brand. It's a machined fit, some are tight, some aren't.

Best of luck in your search.
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I don't know where you did your research, but it was wrong. Multiple brands of pushers seem to have worked for people here, and some have used a punch. Yours may be tighter than average though. I tend to shoot low left with my Kahrs, but after being very careful with my trigger pull I discovered it was operator error, not the gun. Practice has all but eliminated it for me.

My Wheeler sight pusher was on the front porch when I got home tonight. I haven't pushed any sights around yet but so far I'm very impressed.
    Thing is twice as big as I expected and I can tell it's just gonna work like a champ.
    Wish I'd had one of these long ago and just blind hog luck it was even on sale.
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I recently purchased an affordable NcStar universal pusher (VTUPRS) and used it to remove a Trijicon rear sight on my S9 that Kahr installed. I applied some wd40 prior to attempting to push the sight, btw. It took a little bit of torquing but it finally popped (released) and pushed right out.

When reinstalling the stock Kahr sight I did come of with a better way (IMHO) than using a hammer or tap. I simply pushed the sight in 1/4 of the way with my hand (acceptable) and then lightly tapped it on the top of a 4 x 4 post, as you would a hammer. The weight of the slide pushed the sight in easily and with no chance of scuffing or marring anything. I did wrap the slide/sight in painters tape first though for extra precaution. I only drove it till is was flush with the slide. I then re-installed it in the pusher and drove the sight the rest of the way.

I couldn't use the pusher initially for re-installation because the sight is angled and the pusher tended to push it downward. This would have put some stress on the frame so I opted to drive it in first. Tapping it on the 4 x 4 post was butter.

This is the first time I have ever replaced a sight and it went extremely smoothly. The NcStar pusher is quite heavy duty and comes in a nice vinyl case.

Ralph