Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Kahr Shop

Thread: New PM45 question

Default New PM45 question

Hi guys, just bought a new PM45 today from a guy on ARMSLIST that I've bought 2 other Kahrs from in the past.
    This one is new and as I'm cleaning & lubing it, I noticed this flaw on the inside where the guide rod spring goes up into.
    I know it's probably not going to effect anything but was just wondering if anyone else has ever seen this?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I can't figure out what I'm looking at. I'm trying really I am.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I think that’s the inside of the slide, muzzle end. If I remember my cm45 correctly, the v shaped cut out is normal but the”flashing” isn’t . It probably left over from manufacturing.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    I think that’s the inside of the slide, muzzle end. If I remember my cm45 correctly, the v shaped cut out is normal but the”flashing” isn’t . It probably left over from manufacturing.
    exactly what ^^^^^ said. I had that also. Should be no problem. Just file or sand off the rough edge and shoot it like you stole it.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info!

Quote Originally Posted by glock19er View Post
    Hi guys, just bought a new PM45 today from a guy on ARMSLIST that I've bought 2 other Kahrs from in the past.
    This one is new and as I'm cleaning & lubing it, I noticed this flaw on the inside where the guide rod spring goes up into.
    I know it's probably not going to effect anything but was just wondering if anyone else has ever seen this?

My CW45 looked pretty close to that. It never caused any problems. I cleaned up the burrs and it's been good to go the past ten years.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

For the price I got this for this little blemish doesn't bother me at all. He was asking $350.00 but I made him an offer and got it for $300.00.

That was quite a common occurrence for a long time on several models. I just cleaned it up and all was well. Many didn't do anything at all and it eventually just wore all the offending extra material off and worked fine anyhow.
    I still don't get the angle you shot your picture from. I thought that had to be the same spot but couldn't figure it out.

I'm slow sometimes.
    You stole that PM45, probably get the urge to turn yourself in but don't do it.

That little blemish also indicates he didn't shoot it hardly at all or it would have cleared itself up.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."