Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights

Thread: Pocket carry PM40

Default Pocket carry PM40

Of those who pocket carry a PM40 (or PM9), what holster do you use? And why?

Never carried a PM, but have pocket carried an MK9 for 8+ years. The MK is 6 oz's. heavier than the PM. Always used the Desantis Nemesis. It fit my pocket nicely, and would eventually mold a shape to my leg. I've only gone through 2 of them so far, so they hold up pretty well. It was always very handy and reasonably comfortable. As always, care needed when holstering. With some practice, you can draw your firearm quickly. I always wore suspenders though, and would also be likely to wear them if I carried a PM model. It's just too much weight pulling down on your pants, even with a good belt. Lately, I have been using a Remora holster, and I'm really starting to like it. The wife has been using one for a couple of years. My MK is a warm weather carry also. When the weather starts to chill, I use a different firearm. Then I OWB carry.

I have found a Sticky holster www.stickyholsters.com works great with my right front jeans pocket PM9...I have tried so many that worked OK but a Sticky model MD-1 works perfectly....They hold up well, easy draw, always stays in the pocket and hides the outline of the gun very well without being too thick and it's only 30 bucks or so....The only thing I didn't like was they put a large ugly lime green print saying Sticky on it but a little brake cleaner on a rag took it right off with no harm to the material...

I also bought one for my full size M&P and I can stick the gun down my pants IWB and it stays secure anywhere I put it, the material really is sticky....Like most long time shooters I have a box full of all kinds of holsters, some better than others but since I found the Sticky it's all I use for concealed carry....Try one out, for the price you can't go wrong....

Berettabone makes a very good point about weight. I have the same pocket holsters (Recluse OS) for my P380 and my CM9. There is not a lot difference in overall size, but the "all in" weight for the P380 is 15.8 ounces versus 22.6 ounces for the CM9. For me, the weight difference of 6 ounces is a deal breaker. I literally do not notice the P380 and the CM9 feels like I have a brick in my pocket.

I would think a PM/CM9 is about the most pistol you can easily carry in a front pocket....Funny I don't find my PM9 too heavy or difficult to pocket carry at all....I tried a friends Sig 365 and found it too heavy and the magazine base printed badly but I don't notice the PM9 that much, what feels funny is when it's not in my pocket....

I've pocket carried a CM40 for years, a bit lighter than the PM. I just used a small Sticky holster, just enough to cover the trigger. I wanted more bullets, so I pocket carry a Taurus G2C(yea, a Taurus). I just picked up a P380, don't know why, wish I didn't, but it hides real well.
    EDIT: I wear cargo shorts.

Does anyone carry a PM40 or PM9 in their back pocket? If so what holster do you use?

Or is it just too big?

I guess that it depends just how badly you want to carry. All methods of carry probably might require some sort of sacrifice on the part of the carrier. Personally I carry a CM9 -about the same size and weight as your PM40 and PM9 mentioned in my front pocket using a cheap UncleMikes size 3(easily replaced when it is no longer servicible at my local watering Hole or WM. It also will work in my back pocket,BUTT I am not comfortable siting on a gun()
    "No Matter Where You Go----There You Are !!"

I've carried my MK40 in the front pocket of my cargo type shorts quite a bit. Quite comfortable. I could do so in my jeans as well but haven't. Only reason is that it's not my EDC any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by CM9 View Post
    I guess that it depends just how badly you want to carry. All methods of carry probably might require some sort of sacrifice on the part of the carrier. Personally I carry a CM9 -about the same size and weight as your PM40 and PM9 mentioned in my front pocket using a cheap UncleMikes size 3(easily replaced when it is no longer servicible at my local watering Hole or WM. It also will work in my back pocket,BUTT I am not comfortable siting on a gun()
    Yeah, I pocket carry quite a bit, but not "back pocket" carry.
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life.