Tommy Gun   Xssights   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unloading a PM40

To be clear on my procedure, no loaded guns go in my safe ever. But my carry gun or often times guns don't go in the safe, they always go in the same place high enough that young people can't reach or see them. Those do not get unloaded but checked before holstering each morning.

Actually in my man cave I don't keep any guns loaded, except of course the ones I'm wearing.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

All of my firearms are loaded and ready at all times, whether in a safe or not. There is NEVER a question of are they loaded or not. That's also because compared to others, my firearm ownership is no match.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    All of my firearms are loaded and ready at all times, whether in a safe or not. There is NEVER a question of are they loaded or not. That's also because compared to others, my firearm ownership is no match.
    ............Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about
    "No Matter Where You Go----There You Are !!"

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    The real question here which is most dangerous a loaded gun In a locked safe or unloading and loading said gun daily.
    Above post is very true. He is from California. He has probably been told many times of the horrors that can happen with a loaded gun in a locked safe. Lol

Sudo, if you aren't comfortable loading or unloading your gun it would be a very good idea to get some training and practice until you are comfortable. Also, if you are loading and unloading daily you should do a quick internet search on "bullet setback".

To unload your pistol, remove loaded mag, insert an EMPTY mag, rack the slide, slide locks back and chambered round will be out of the chamber
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe