Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights

Thread: TP45 (new) doesn't like Corbon 230gr +P

Default TP45 (new) doesn't like Corbon 230gr +P

I just thought I'd post and ask if anyone else has had this experience. On a previous range outing, I noticed that the 185 gr +P Corbon's mouth was deformed on one FTF while breaking in my CW45 (pic in this thread), no issues with the few 230 gr +P CB rounds tested on that day. However, today I was putting a few rounds through a new TP45 and had issues with the Corbon 230 gr +P (same box of ammo as tested in the other thread). 50 rounds of WWB FMJ, 13 rounds of Rem GS 185gr +P, and 2 rounds of CB 230gr +P. I was limited on time and I was actually there to start break in on another firearm, therefore that's all I shot with the TP45. No issues with the Rem +P or WWB.

The two rounds tested would not fully seat in the chamber without a stout bang on the rear of the slide (yes, I know that this is dangerous). When I compared the Rem GS seating to the CB, I noticed that the CB was hanging out of the chamber about 1-2mm more. It's hard to see in the pic, but you can see it if you pay attention to the 8 o'clock position of the case in comparison to the chamber mouth. I'll disassemble my CW45 and TP45 and do the "plunk test" over the weekend with different ammo.

That was my first plan, do the plunk test and see how that works out, maybe the ammo is a bit out of spec. Sometimes the Kahr chambers are a bit on the tight side so could be a combination of both, hence one gun eating it and one balking.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."