Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: will Kahr ever make a double stack?

Apples and Oranges.

Kahr is essentially a world unto itself. I don't think there is another firearm out there with the same fire mechanism, or overall design. With a Kahr you get a very slim semi-automatic that has the double action trigger of a revolver. It is a niche product that really only competes with itself, at least for those people that understand its design and accept it for what it is. And what it offers.

I don't disagree that they should look into offering higher capacity models. Though how to do that without sacrificing the slimness of design presents the same challenge to them as it does to other manufacturers. But even if Kahr stayed exactly as they are their guns can continue to be sold and used as BUGs if nothing else. Very safe BUGs. As an example a P380 can be carried virtually anywhere. And makes an extremely capable last defense choice.

Agree it’s a niche market but a P365 is literally the same size as a CM9 and has substantially more capacity. Size used to be a differentiator for Kahr but no longer.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I didn't say it was a niche market. It is a niche product, with no other identical competitors. Part of that is Kahr's triggers. There is no real similarity between a P365 or any other striker fired, SA pistol and Kahr's own system. It is what makes carrying a Kahr in your pocket as safe as carrying a revolver. And using either of them. Just can't get that with a glock clone, even with an external safety. IMO anyway. YMMV

edit: Oh, and by "in your pocket" I am not endorsing or even recommending carrying a Kahr or a revolver in pocket without a holster.

It is a niche market for people who want a single stack striker fired pistol with a revolver like trigger. Since size is no longer a differentiation, trigger is really the only distinctive thing about a Kahr.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

What's funny is that many of us choose Kahrs and revolvers because we want the trigger. I don't think anyone ever chose a Glock to get their trigger.

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would choose a Glock period Please, save your letters, nasty emails, and explicit phone calls

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    That looks interesting, but I'm pretty satisfied with my P365. The Hellcat would need an exceptional trigger to beat it out.

Speaking of triggers, I spent a lot of time with a P365XL rental the other day and really like it. I swapped slides between it and my 365 with no issues. My only gripe is the fit of the slide sight plate (protrudes above the slide a very slight bit). I was about to buy one when I noticed a like new "blunt nose" PM9 on the shelf. I had a CM9 some years back, but gave it to a buddy who was going to hike the Appalachian trail. One thing that always stuck with me about that gun was how well it pointed for me. In one specific instance, a piece of trash blew along the ground about 5-7 yards in front of me, I fired at it from the hip and altered it's course several times. I chased it down and found it to be a cigarette package with a couple of bullet holes in it...they could've been there before I shot at it, but I'm inclined to think I did hit it. Anyway, the shop let me put some rounds through the used PM9 and it shot right to it's sights at 10 yards. I'm hoping it has some of the CM9 magic in it as I decided to get it ($349) vice a 365XL.

Regards,
    Greg
    I shot the 365, no thanks, will stick with the Kahr, but will be testing the Hellcat soon. Looks like a much nicer gun with the ability to have a better grip rather than riding the slide like the 365 is prone to do with large hands.
    By the way, Love the Picture of the Pm9, what a beautiful gun.

Last edited by King Rat; 10-12-2019 at 06:06 AM.

I like added capacity as much as the next guy but I sold my P365.
    My carry guns are Glock, Shield, CW380, LCP....

None of those have the short, LIGHT trigger that my 365 had.
    The gun is so small and lively that I unintentionally doubled several times while shooting rapidly.
    Had about 600 rounds through mine the last time it happened.
    If that was my only carry gun, I could probably have trained around this issue.
    All of my other guns have a very similar trigger pull.
    Since watching a show about a guy with a light trigger in a race gun 1911 that didn't even know his "double" had left the building and killed a 10 year old, I've thought differently about the trigger pull on my guns.
    I decided the P365 trigger was too light for me.

I'm more than happy with 8-11 rounds of a Glock or Shield on my waist.
    In my pocket, the G43 feels fine, as does the CW380.
    (Seriously considering the Magguts upgrade for the Kahr though.)

A double stack CW380 or CM9 would certainly be worth looking into.