Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: will Kahr ever make a double stack?

Personally I appreciate the shorter slide for IWB. Especially when it comes to sitting. And Yes, the grip needs to stay short as well. Personally, I think the Kahr Cm/PM size and weight beats all the competitors for carry. And I am a die hard Nano Fan. The Nano and the Kahr have close to the same size, but the Nano/Carry are in terms of weight much heavier by about 3-4 ounces. I will with total emphasis say that increasing round count is of no interest me at all. Just do not need it or want it.

Question, I just bought two more Nano's, (one going to my son when he comes home from the Army) and will be buying a second Kahr. I saw the video done by the Firearms Guy of a PM9 that had 40,000 rounds fire through it. So is the CM9 built the same as far as the innards and should get the same round count as the PM? I have shot the 365, but not interested in the Gun. Just not a good fit for me. And I see no reason to buy the Springfield, because it has a few more rounds of which I am not interested in. I want a Kahr, for the size, weight, build quality, trigger. And yes the trigger. I have owned light striker fired triggers before and after owning the Nano and Kahr, I never want to go for a light trigger again. I love both these triggers for many reasons and shoot them well. For me, it is a almost perfect package. I do which Kahr, if anything, would get the modular take down like the Beretta. So easy to tear down and work on, change grips, etc.

So where I am in the next purchase, is the Kahr PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Personally I appreciate the shorter slide for IWB. Especially when it comes to sitting. And Yes, the grip needs to stay short as well. Personally, I think the Kahr Cm/PM size and weight beats all the competitors for carry. And I am a die hard Nano Fan. The Nano and the Kahr have close to the same size, but the Nano/Carry are in terms of weight much heavier by about 3-4 ounces. I will with total emphasis say that increasing round count is of no interest me at all. Just do not need it or want it.

Question, I just bought two more Nano's, (one going to my son when he comes home from the Army) and will be buying a second Kahr. I saw the video done by the Firearms Guy of a PM9 that had 40,000 rounds fire through it. So is the CM9 built the same as far as the innards and should get the same round count as the PM? I have shot the 365, but not interested in the Gun. Just not a good fit for me. And I see no reason to buy the Springfield, because it has a few more rounds of which I am not interested in. I want a Kahr, for the size, weight, build quality, trigger. And yes the trigger. I have owned light striker fired triggers before and after owning the Nano and Kahr, I never want to go for a light trigger again. I love both these triggers for many reasons and shoot them well. For me, it is a almost perfect package. I do which Kahr, if anything, would get the modular take down like the Beretta. So easy to tear down and work on, change grips, etc.

So where I am in the next purchase, is the Kahr PM.
    This is a prime example of why there are so many different guns for sale. I hated my Nano and only kept it a couple of weeks. Could never hit the broadside of a barn with it. Went to a S&W SD9 and was very accurate with it. This is why people should never listen to an individual that says a certain firearm is a POS. All in the eye of the beholder as they say!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_usn_ret View Post
    This is a prime example of why there are so many different guns for sale. I hated my Nano and only kept it a couple of weeks. Could never hit the broadside of a barn with it. Went to a S&W SD9 and was very accurate with it. This is why people should never listen to an individual that says a certain firearm is a POS. All in the eye of the beholder as they say!!!
    And yet I put 10,000 rounds through it and one of the best shooting firearms I have. Shot it very well my first day out. I think I may still have that photo. I am not posting to say the Nano is the Best or any firearms is the best or to start bashing any gun. Never shot the SD9, but betting it is a nice pistol. I do understand that many folks just cannot shoot a DAO very well. But that is not the guns fault. Some folks say the Kahr trigger is too long and too heavy and they cannot shoot it well. Ok, fine. but don't understand it when they blame the gun.
    I use to shoot Light Striker Fired semi-auto's. Shot them well, but found out I like the DAO, and since shooting them so often actually do better than I did with a Light trigger. Again, as you say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    And for sure, if you cannot shoot a gun well, it is time to find another. And one shoe does not fit all.
    Last edited by King Rat; 09-28-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    I saw the video done by the Firearms Guy of a PM9 that had 40,000 rounds fire through it. So is the CM9 built the same as far as the innards and should get the same round count as the PM?
    FWIW - the guy that owns that high round count PM9 is here on this forum.

Good Ol' Jocko.

The differences between the CM9 and the PM9 are not important as far as longevity goes. Some are cosmetic (engraving, machining). The PM9 barrel has polygonal rifling, and a slide stop pin that is MIM and has a machined pin (ground, actually). It's a two piece unit with the pin part actually pinned to the rest of the MIM unit. The CM9's 100% MIM one piece slide stop doesn't look quite as nice, but I've never heard of one failing.

The biggest difference to me is the CM9 doesn't have a front sight dovetail - the sight is pinned in, and plastic. This limits sight options, but Kahr does offer a Trijicon night sight option at a reasonable price, and it's good.

Kahr has said the polymer frame is identical between the PM and CMs. Really no reason a CM( shouldn't last basically forever, with the same spring change intervals as the PM series. Same springs, too.

Thanks Ed. Saw your response on the other thread. Love the Karh. What is amazing is the low cost of the CM9 for such a high quality pistol.

NRA's writer gushes about the Hellcat: https://www.americanrifleman.org/art..._campaign=1019

"I want one, and I want it yesterday... ...I want the Hellcat because the gun is an animal, and it’s bred to fight."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    NRA's writer gushes about the Hellcat: https://www.americanrifleman.org/art..._campaign=1019

"I want one, and I want it yesterday... ...I want the Hellcat because the gun is an animal, and it’s bred to fight."
    That is so funny. How can you take a review with a quote like that seriously? Thanks, Nice to start the day with a chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

That looks interesting, but I'm pretty satisfied with my P365. The Hellcat would need an exceptional trigger to beat it out.

Speaking of triggers, I spent a lot of time with a P365XL rental the other day and really like it. I swapped slides between it and my 365 with no issues. My only gripe is the fit of the slide sight plate (protrudes above the slide a very slight bit). I was about to buy one when I noticed a like new "blunt nose" PM9 on the shelf. I had a CM9 some years back, but gave it to a buddy who was going to hike the Appalachian trail. One thing that always stuck with me about that gun was how well it pointed for me. In one specific instance, a piece of trash blew along the ground about 5-7 yards in front of me, I fired at it from the hip and altered it's course several times. I chased it down and found it to be a cigarette package with a couple of bullet holes in it...they could've been there before I shot at it, but I'm inclined to think I did hit it. Anyway, the shop let me put some rounds through the used PM9 and it shot right to it's sights at 10 yards. I'm hoping it has some of the CM9 magic in it as I decided to get it ($349) vice a 365XL.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Looks brand spanking new. Not a mark or a smudge on it. Me thinks you done mighty good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

If Kahr expects to stay in business, they need study the Sig P365 and Springfield Hellcat . Then they should develop a competitive model. However Kahr is a small firm without a lot of engineering staff. This may not even be on their radar.