Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Fun range day!

Default Fun range day!

Hello All,
    I shot a few rounds yesterday with my Kahr S9 and wanted to share some results. We were checking out some game cameras and fields, so we didn't have much time to shoot. There was a couple of things I wanted to try though just for kicks and giggles (stability, 100 yrds).

1. First image:

*Stood at 30ft and fired 7 rds (circled holes) with standard two handed grip/stance as control group. Two shots hit bullseye whereas the other five were 2in high. I just re-installed bar/dot sight so I was pleased with the results. Once I figure my sight alignment the groupings will tighten up quite a bit.

*Stood at 30ft and fired 3 rds (yellow holes) with one hand. Two shots hit 4in high and one shot hit 2in high. I've never really shot one handed and this has to be the first time I did so in 30 years. The results really weren't that bad considering it is much harder to maintain stability.

*Stood at 30ft and fired 3 rds (green holes) with one hand while balancing on one foot. Two shots were 2.5in high with one hitting the bullseye. Ok, so my shooting buddy and I were both laughing at even attempting this but I wanted to see how bad we'd do. Even though my results were surprisingly good it definitely reinforces the importance of having a solid stance and grip. If we had put a time limit on these shots they probably would have been really wild.

2. Second image:

The following shots were from a distance of 100 yards on a 3ft x 4ft board, free hand. Ok, ok, I know this is gimmicky and something I would have never considered even as a teenager, but it was fun. I practice from 90ft at times which is the farthest I've ever shot a pistol. You see some pros do this online at 100 and 200yds so I was curious to know how I would fair.

*My first 4 shots were high. Two went over the target entirely while two were at the top (18in, 20.5in) from center. I was aiming slightly high and I wasn't aligning my sights properly though so I made some adjustments after this.

*My last 5 shots were actually pretty good I thought. They were 5in, 8.5in, 9.5in, 11in, 12in from center. So 5 shots at 100 yds within 12in of center.

Anyhow, this was just a fun shooting session. It's nice to kick the can around on occasion. Hope you enjoy.

God Bless,
    Ralph
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks pretty good to me! Nothing like a range day to shoot away all the stress.
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Thanks ct9. We had a good time kicking the can.....