Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New carry

I guess it is a Talo High Polish version. I took the grips off and added an XS Big Dot so that I don't damage the grips and use it in carry rotation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Love the grips on that one, don't hardly even look like a Ruger. Totally different look.
    Those grips are made by Altamont……………………….
    Last edited by berettabone; 10-03-2019 at 10:24 AM.

I might have to try whittling out a set. Didn't seem to compute that I don't have to make them the way the factory rubber ones are made.

I'm made a grip panel inserts in the past. Couple officers here just got these, must be a trend.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

It's a trade off if you've never shot your revolver with different grips. It changes the sight angle and the way you hold the firearm. They sure make it easier to carry, but there's that sight thing. With my hands, I can get a three finger grip on the stock grips. Not so much with the wood grips, unless they're the full size type. For the cool factor, I think that the full size grips look funny on the smaller framed SP101. It makes a difference if you have the propensity to shoot or carry the .357 round, which I do. It's a secondary gun for LE, so that grip thing may not be as important. I sure do like the look of wood grips on a revolver though. My grips are a bit worn, but for now I'll just get some of the stock rubber ones that have the texturing for a better grip. Not sure about inserts. That comes under the heading of "bling". They come with above average inserts IMHO...…………………………………………………..

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    I guess it is a Talo High Polish version. I took the grips off and added an XS Big Dot so that I don't damage the grips and use it in carry rotation.
    I like and use the Big Dot's. I've got the brass bead on the revolver. For now, a bit of paint and we'll see how it goes.

It's funny how life treats you...…………………...started my handgun firearm life shooting revolvers. After all of the years, and we won't say how many firearms, I'm back to where I started. I think I probably knew it would happen all along.

I just ordered a new rubber grip for ours, making the insert panels kind of wore out the original ones. I'll save the new set and use the old set for any inserts I make and test fit on the new grip to make sure they fit right.

The rubber grips do feel fine and with my girly man small hands they work great. I just like wood or most of all stag the best.

I often times find a wood grip that feels good and try to match it or modify it a bit to make it even better for me.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I just got my new stock grips that I ordered for my SP...…………………..the wifey shined up the other set carrying it. Those rubber grips actually get shiny with carry wear..................….We picked up the wifey's new LCP II yesterday. Everything that was supposed to be there was there. Which is not always the case!!!! It came clean, lubed, and ready to go. I still broke it down and did my thing. I wasn't crazy about the pin that holds the glue together, but for a $200 gun, I guess you have to scrimp somewhere. The wifey had to go out of town, so I got to play with it. It's tight, but not as tight as a Kahr. They want you to slingshot this thing. Not a slide release, a slide stop!!! Actually, for the denaro, it's a nice little piece. The trigger in dry fire felt pretty nice. Nice clean break, just like advertised. Does feel a tad like a 1911 trigger. We'll see how it shoots soon. I painted the front sight white, at her mistresses request. It needed color having black on black sights. It definitely needs some rounds through to loosen up a bit. Even with the finger extension on the magazine, I could still only get 2 fingers on it. It actually felt more comfortable with the standard mag base. I can see how this thing is a dream to carry. I know the wife will be happy with the size and the weight. We'll see how the shootin goes......………………….

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I hated to do it, but I have parted ways with my MK9 after almost 9 years of carry. It was just becoming too difficult to rack the slide or disassemble for cleaning. If I ever would have had to clear a jam or any other issue under duress, it would have been difficult and slow and dangerous. I'll miss it..…………………………….At the same time I was contemplating saying adios, undenounced to me, the wifey wasn't happy with her mode of carry. She said that her firearm was getting a bit heavy and it was a bit large for the way she likes to carry. So, we made a deal. I let go of the MK9, she let's go of her firearm, which I was happy to take over as my new carry firearm, and she gets a new Ruger LCP II. Everybody happy...…………………………………..This is my new carry. Gave up a couple of rounds but I feel that it's plenty. I'll be using 38 +p or .357. Stout enough for me I'll have a report on the Elsie Pea after some range time...………………….
    Oh man, looks like you did pretty good to me!
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I hated to do it, but I have parted ways with my MK9 after almost 9 years of carry. It was just becoming too difficult to rack the slide or disassemble for cleaning. If I ever would have had to clear a jam or any other issue under duress, it would have been difficult and slow and dangerous. I'll miss it..…………………………….At the same time I was contemplating saying adios, undenounced to me, the wifey wasn't happy with her mode of carry. She said that her firearm was getting a bit heavy and it was a bit large for the way she likes to carry. So, we made a deal. I let go of the MK9, she let's go of her firearm, which I was happy to take over as my new carry firearm, and she gets a new Ruger LCP II. Everybody happy...…………………………………..This is my new carry. Gave up a couple of rounds but I feel that it's plenty. I'll be using 38 +p or .357. Stout enough for me I'll have a report on the Elsie Pea after some range time...………………….
    NICE! Looking for the report on the SP. Sometimes I think of just going back to the simplicity of the Revolver. Just ordered the book I saw on another forum. Really like your SP. I would not mind having one in 9mm.

If you do, you need a copy of Thirty Eight Straight Tips for Better Snub Shooting , by Michael DeBethencourt.

one of the most knowledgeable snub users around. For decades he has been carrying short barreled revolvers and teaching their use. This little booklet is available delivered for less than six bucks and every snub user should have a copy. See https://www.imwithroscoe.com/38-stra...snub-shooting/ to order yours now.

Love shooting them. Just plain fun.