Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new

Thread: anyone have a checkered frontstrap?

Default anyone have a checkered frontstrap?

if so post pics and who did it, thanks!

I am assuming your referring to the k series kahr and not the polymer models. I had my PM9 360 degree stippled and love it. You can view it on this forum under jocko's custom PM9..

I had the front straps and front of the trigger guard kinda checkered on both my T9 and MK40. The steel was so hard it came out to be more of an engraving type of checkering. The people that did it are "engravers" down in St Petersburg, FL. Looks great and does give a better purchase when firing. But it's not the 30lpi you see on 45s. Both pistols are at Robar right now for the rogard and Np3 treatment. I'll post pics once I get them back sometime at the end of March.

I have a checkered front and rear on my Astra A75. I'm not real happy with it as the checkering is a little on the sharp side... no slip, but a little rough with some of the hotter loads I shoot.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Quote Originally Posted by steve666 View Post
    I have a checkered front and rear on my Astra A75. I'm not real happy with it as the checkering is a little on the sharp side... no slip, but a little rough with some of the hotter loads I shoot.
    Unless it's refinished you could take some emery cloth or a fine file and just gently knock off the points. Just do a little bit and feel. If you create just a small flat where each point is now you'll have a good grip surface with out the sharpness.

I do the same thing with wood checkering that hangs up on a shirt or jacket, it's the points that grab. I either don't checker them up all the way to a point or gently sand them afterwards to knock the points off.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."