Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cm9 vs cw9

Is the Magguts for 9mm out? I thought it was vaporware.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Adding to what berretta said about the CW9 (or the S9), you could put the Magguts spring system in the magazine to make it an 8+1.
    Except that the long promised Magguts for 9x19 Kahr pistols is still in "This product is coming soon!" status.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Foxtrot 7 View Post
    Bassgunner, You chose the CM9, do you have the grip extension? you say you can shoot your Shield better, I assume because of weight and grip length. Thanks folks for all the input. I guess I'm just spoiled to carrying a J Frame all these years, everyone that has a Shield has no problem toting it.
    I tried the grip extensions on the CM9 and found my natural point of aim was better without them. I will use the CM9 for pocket carry as the Shield is a little large to get out of a pocket. I think it is the trigger difference for me with the Shield. I can shoot a J frame well and a shield well but for some reason I am struggling a little still with the CM9. If I don’t think about it or try too hard I can keep them center mass at 10 yards but if I start trying to aim I end up about 6 inches low. Not so with any other gun I shoot. I will keep working on the CM9 but I feel more at ease with others. Ironically, I shoot an LCP very well also, not sure what it is about the CM9 for me.

SAM_1868.jpgOwn or have owned many....many different CC firearms and seem to always come back to my CM9. Just has the perfect feel and accuracy that I can not get with any of my other guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Foxtrot 7 View Post
    Wow, I'm getting a lot of advice here. Ralph, I have seen reviews of the S9, seems like a souped up CW9, looks pretty sweet. Browsing local gun shops online I found one for $345. I will keep this one on my radar also.
    Thanks.
    VF7
    Hey Victor,
    The S9 is really sweet looking. The engravings are a lot nicer than the stamped looked of the value series and it comes with a picatinny rail, although I will never use. The gun is very accurate also. I have no problem punching holes in a target out to 90 ft and I am getting between 2in and 2 1/2in groupings at 30ft. I should be able to improve upon that after I get used to the i-dot sights I just installed on it. I have put about 500 rounds through it without one malfunction, so reliable as well.

Dahlonega Armory has the S9 listed for $324.00 but I think they charge a small fee or shipping, cannot remember. I've purchased numerous from them lately. It is a prominent pawn shop in Georgia but they drop ship everything sold online. So it will come directly from a Kahr factory/supplier.

If this is going to be a iwb pistol then I wouldn't hesitate to get the S9. Some folks are talking about your belt possibly being the issue with the Shield; but I am telling you the thinner width of the Kahr and the 3oz lighter weight was a significant improvement for me over my Bersa's.

Good luck,
    Ralph

"JinRC, you chose the smaller frame, do you pocket carry, do you have the grip extension?"
    Actually I carry the larger CW9. Tried to pocket carry the PM9 and it printed with the clothes I wear.
    YMMV

Thanks so much folks, some good info here. I have found a CM9 in Clemson for $350 OTD and a CW9 in Greer $330 OTD, both NIB. I plan on taking a field trip in the next couple of days or so and go fondle a couple of Kahrs. I keep bouncing back and forth, one minute it's defiantly the CM9, the next minute it's the CW9 for sure. I guess I need to drool over them let the right one pick me. Sometimes you just know it when you hold it. (That didn't sound creepy did it?) Anyhow, I'll let ya'll know something after my field trip.

VF7

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph III View Post
    Hello Victor,
    I'd highly recommend looking into getting the S9 instead. It is essentially the same as the CW9 but you get some nice upgrades and it is much better looking. It's really in-between the value series and the premium series.

After much consideration I purchased one about 4 months ago and love it. The .90 width and weight makes it very comfortable to carry. I had a Bersa Bp9cc which is only slightly larger/heavier then the Shield and let me tell you, the smaller frame of the S9 and being 3oz lighter made a huge difference as a ccw. I also had a Bersa Thunder 380cc which is a fairly small and light pistol but even it didn't carry as well as this S9. I can carry the S9 all day long whereas the Bersa's just felt bulky/heavy.

One other thing, although it is slightly larger than the CM9 the additional weight makes for a less snappy and more accurate gun. You get the extra round at no cost also.

Good luck,
    Ralph
    S9 is better looking is sure in the eyes of the beholder. Extra slide cuts and the wording on the slide could be an improvement, but between the hideous rail, and the serial number on the grip, give me the old style any day.

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Except that the long promised Magguts for 9x19 Kahr pistols is still in "This product is coming soon!" status.
    Didn’t notice that little tidbit.

Hope they get it on the market soon before I fall to temptation and order a Sig P365.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Didn’t notice that little tidbit.

Hope they get it on the market soon before I fall to temptation and order a Sig P365.
    I would suggest you try out the 365 before purchase if you have not already done so. It might not be a good fit. Too easy to ride the slide. The same with some of the friends I shot it with. I did shoot the 365 SAS this past weekend. I liked it so much better, just a cool gun and loved the sights. Loved the sleek, snag free design. But alas it still was not a good fit. And of course, you would be giving up the Kahr trigger which I think IMO is perfect for carry. I like the looks of the S9 and seems like heck of a good gun. But for myself, do not want to move away from the Small, easy shooting Cm9. A perfect Fit, size, weight and Mild shooting.