Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cm9 vs cw9

Hi Victor Foxtrot 7, welcome to Kahrtalk....I pocket carry my PM9 everywhere I go with no trouble at all....My vote is for a CM9 or even better a PM9 and stay with the standard 6 round flat baseplate magazine....I figure if I haven't hit um with 7 shots I probably wouldn't with 9 or 10.....I wouldn't mess with the magazines other than installing the Lakeline metal followers to improve feeding....I started CCW with a Smith 642 air weight and still carry it sometimes but I find the PM9 to be perfect for me and is all the gun I would ever need...

I did look at a Sig 365 and they are nice guns but IMHO the trigger is too light and the grip is a little too wide to pocket carry so I let that one stay on the shelf....Guns are like many other things in that when you find the correct one you know it right away and for this old coot the PM9 is the perfect fit....Good luck on which Kahr you pick for your CCW choice, you can't go wrong with a Kahr...

Like getsome said above the CM9 in pocket with leather or other good holster of choice is mighty Comforting. I would like to add that a spare 6 round magazine in leather sheath doesn’t take up much space in weak side pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    I like my CM9 so much, I am thinking about getting another. Saw your post and it got me to thinking about another size. Hard to beat the CM. I mean this is a 9mm close to size and weight of a some 380's and so mild to shoot.
    I have a PM9 but am considering a S9 w/ 4.5" barrel.

PM9 is about as large as you can fit in a pocket, and a pocket holster is a thousand times more practical and comfortable than any IWB carry.

For days I feel like IWB though, I figure why not step up to the S9 w/ the 4.5" threaded barrel from the Kahr website. You replace the budget model barrel with a premium one that is also an inch longer. That extra inch isn't hard to conceal IWB, and if you use some extremely light for caliber rounds like the Underwood Xtreme Defender 65gr, you can get around 470ftlbs on target. For comparison a 147gr F.HST +P out of a PM9 will net around 270ftlbs.

https://youtu.be/2PTggNzULkM?t=195

tl;dr: Get both! C/PM9 and S9.

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    I figure if I haven't hit um with 7 shots I probably wouldn't with 9 or 10.....I wouldn't mess with the magazines other than installing the Lakeline metal followers to improve feeding....
    Magguts spring kit works fine in my PM9. Gives you 8 shots with your flush mag, and then 8 shots in the spare mag, 16 total. Spare mags being single stack are so tiny that its not obtrusive to carry them on the weak hand belt clip.

For many years I did not and could not get comfy with IWB. I tried several. I got a Garrett Silent Thunder and at first thought once again I have failed. But I had an aha moment and started playing with the adjustments and alas I've come to love IWB for everything up to and including Commander size 1911's. When I go full size I go back to OWB in my beloved Mernickle PS6 only because I'm a full time sitter and the 5" is just long enough that it interferes. IWB works even then just not quite as well.

I've never carried in my pocket and never will. If I need to hide it I use an ankle holster, that's what I do around the house and on weekends working around the place as I usually just wear sweat pants and they don't have belt loops, can't imagine pants without belt loops. Now that everyday is a weekend I've gone to wearing big boy pants again and hang a 1911 on the belt. If it gets covered in sawdust it needs to be cleaned anyway so no worries.

I'm deeply against open carry in public but at home riding the lawnmower or working the wood pile, around the shop, it doesn't bother me one bit.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I've never carried in my pocket and never will.
    On Amazon you can get something called a Desantis Superfly pocket holster. Its not that hard kydex, so is very comfortable. You'll notice one huge advantage is if you're in an iffy situation, the ability to casually slip your hand into a pocket and say "hey, I don't want any trouble" and able to draw instantly is much better than an ankle holster where you need both hands and bending over to get at it unless you're a cheerleader used to doing air splits. I mention Amazon as they have free returns, so if it turns out to be poop you only wasted a few mins of your time.

Hope this helps:

Ruger LCP 9.42oz (11.95oz. with 6+1)

Kahr CM9 15.9oz (19oz. with 6+1)

M&P Shield 20.2oz (23.8oz. with 7+1)

I like the Shield for OWB or IWB.
    When I had the CM9, it worked pretty well for in the pocket carry for me.
    Not nearly as easy to carry as my LCP, but not bad in cargo pockets.

There is 1/4 pound difference between the Shield and the CM9, and the Kahr is is smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyPurpleDinosaur View Post
    On Amazon you can get something called a Desantis Superfly pocket holster. Its not that hard kydex, so is very comfortable. You'll notice one huge advantage is if you're in an iffy situation, the ability to casually slip your hand into a pocket and say "hey, I don't want any trouble" and able to draw instantly is much better than an ankle holster where you need both hands and bending over to get at it unless you're a cheerleader used to doing air splits. I mention Amazon as they have free returns, so if it turns out to be poop you only wasted a few mins of your time.
    It really isn't the comfort factor although I carry nothing in my pockets due to sitting full time, stuff doesn't stay and it's hard to get at anyhow. Pocket carry just isn't natural to me. I only ankle carry as a back up or if I'm going someplace I'm not supposed to have a gun inside a building etc. I leave the belt gun secured in my van and put it back on when I return.
    Actually sitting the ankle is pretty convenient. Figured I'd go into my girly man cower please don't kill me bending over and come up with a PM45 in hand. Give them a Pyle surprise, surprise, surprise.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."