Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: K9 fail to feed last round

Wow, that's a stumper alright....Do you have a mag with a Lakeline follower to see if that might be the fix? With that many different mags all doing the same thing it pretty much eliminates a mag spring issue so I would first install a new recoil spring along with a good feed ramp slick up to see if that does it and if not try a Lakeline follower in a known good mag and if that doesn't do it may be time for a trip back to the mothership...Good luck....

No Lakeline follower, but I have a Magguts kit with their follower on the way.

I’ll check the slide stop clearance tomorrow.

Hea John, when you get a chance to try out the new Magguts kit could you give us a report on how it worked and if it helped the FTF last round thing....I'm interested in a Magguts kit for my PM9 but I need it to work 100% ....I hear good things about their other kits so am hopeful it will work as advertised...Who knows, that extra round might be the one that makes all the difference....

Any updates on this?

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

I haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Slide off, slide stop pin in, nothing touches anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Slide off, slide stop pin in, nothing touches anything.
    Thanks for updating us on this, was wondering how you made out John.

Is there any chance that after the last round comes "up" the slide stop moves a tad, and somehow that causes the issue???

On the other rounds, with a round still below in the mag, that wouldn't happen...

That's all I can come up with...........

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

My money says that a new recoil spring will fix it!

Well, it’s easy enough to try it, and nothing else has worked, so I guess I’ll thy a new recoil spring.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Well, it’s easy enough to try it, and nothing else has worked, so I guess I’ll thy a new recoil spring.
    Often a weak magazine spring is the culprit on last round in the magazine issues, but as you have had this across various magazines, I'd ask if you have pulled the extractor? If not, I'd be inclined to do so and give everything a good cleaning....shoot, maybe even swap the parts with your CW9. My thoughts being that perhaps the last round (with no help from rounds beneath it) is not quite getting up under the extractor and that the extractor is contributing to this.
    Regards,
    Greg

BTW, does the K9's slide travel smoothly with no sign of stickiness/hesitation?
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>