Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Snipping Striker Spring to reduce pull weight?

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    Go for it Ralph. Hopefully, you will never stand before a jury trying to explain why you tried to make your trigger pull lighter by cutting coils off the springs.
    If I did I would simply explain the minor adjustment on my firearm allowed me to be more proficient and consequently much safer with it. However, if I took your argument I could also use it against you and inquire why you didn't modify your pistol in order to be more proficient or safer with it? After all, guns are generically manufactured and yet every person is different. So why wouldn't you adjust your weapon in order to be safer or more proficient with it? Why did you choose, hypothetically speaking, to carry a gun with a 10# trigger that could be argued caused you to miss the intended target due to such a heavy trigger? So the argument could go either way.

Irrespective, as noted Wolf makes a spring that will suffice for me and I only inquired whether anyone had considered shortening the spring. So there really is no need for you to grit your teeth.

Take care,
    Ralph
    Last edited by Ralph III; 10-22-2019 at 09:04 PM.

In court surrounded by bottom feeding lawyer nothing is simple.
    But I'm writing down what you said and if I ever find myself in that cess pool they call a court room I'm gonna try it myself.
    Makes sense to me which is about the only reason I don't think it will work.

Lawyers and making sense seldom fit in the same sentence. I'd of course represent myself as I don't want to support the epidemic.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Get in front of a liberal judge and you're toast. You lose liberals at "more proficient", and "firearm"………………………………………….

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph III View Post
    If I did I would simply explain the minor adjustment on my firearm allowed me to be more proficient and consequently much safer with it. However, if I took your argument I could also use it against you and inquire why you didn't modify your pistol in order to be more proficient or safe with it? After all, guns are generically manufactured and yet every person is different. So why wouldn't you adjust your weapon in order to be safer or more proficient with it? Why did you choose, hypothetically speaking, to carry a gun with a 10# trigger that could be argued caused you to miss the intended target due to such a heavy trigger? So the argument could go either way.

Irrespective, as noted Wolf makes a spring that will suffice for me and I only inquired whether anyone had considered shortening the spring. So there really is no need for you to grit your teeth.

Take care,
    Ralph
    Your premise makes sense but will not necessarily work in court. After the shooting, your gun and it's alterations will be part of the case against you.
    Anything out of factory spec will be questioned. Trying to argue that your modifications make the gun easier to shoot accurately by lightening the triggers pull weight may determine your fate. I will not take that chance. Massad Ayoob is my source and I will follow his advice. You are welcome to do as you wish. Good luck in your search.
    Last edited by 340pd; 10-22-2019 at 08:30 PM.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I wanna see the school teachers thigh................................
    Trust me Bawanna, you don't want to see my thigh!
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Oh my, I hadn't thought of that..........some truth for certain in being careful what one wishes for.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well it's all good points guys!

Yes, I agree any opposing bottom feeding lawyer or liberal prosecutor would attempt to make any modification to your weapon a liability for you. The first question however would be if you were legally justifiable in a self defense situation in which you fired your weapon to stop an assailant. If so, then I see no issue as any slight modification in attempting to improve the weapon for yourself will most likely be irrelevant. However, if your modification caused an accidental discharge then yes I can see you would be in jeopardy. That is why I would never choose a pistol with a really light trigger pull for ccw myself.

Having said all of that, I think it best to leave my weapon unchanged in regards to the trigger. It's better to be safe then sorry so your advice is heeded. I think once the weapon is broken in further it may reach the 5# mark after a little time anyhow.

God Bless,
    Ralph