CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snipping Striker Spring to reduce pull weight?

Default Snipping Striker Spring to reduce pull weight?

Hello All,
    Has anyone considered snipping off a few rings of their striker spring in slightly reducing trigger pull weight or is that even possible? Otherwise, what is the point in purchasing a Galloway trigger kit for such. Seems like you would accomplish the same goal?

My S9 has about 500rds through it and my trigger is pulling right at 5.5#. I would love to have it around 5# and maybe even slightly less at 4.75#, no lower.

I'm not really wanting to modify my trigger as you see a lot of people do but an extra 1/2 lbs off would be perfect to me.

Thanks,
    Ralph

Wolff sells a reduced power striker spring.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

+1 on the Wolff Reduced Power Striker Spring ! !

I've put them into my son-in-law's PM9, his Dad's PM9 and I've had them in my P9 Covert and my K9; plus there's one inbound (bought on ebay) for my new T9.

They're great and really improve the trigger pull, while getting 100% function and reliability.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

I put an M-Carbo spring kit in my PM9.

I put the Wolff springs in all of my Kahrs and then took out the P45 one as I started having light strikes... not a good thing when you want a Bang!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Thanks for the replies. I thought the Wolf springs reduced them to around 4lbs but I see they are actually rated at 5#. Their website says it's not for duty use though. Is there a real concern with light primer strikes with these springs?

Thanks,
    Ralph

I've got Wolff springs on a P9 and PM9. You can tell the difference, it's a little lighter and seems smoother. I have had no light strikes or misfires using any ammo I've tried.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I will make one statement about trigger pull ....Speaking from experience, if you need to fire your weapon in a self defense situation..... a 4# trigger pull is going to make ZERO difference compared to a 5 0r 6# pull!!! Bubbadising your firearm by cutting a spring...never mind I said I would make ONE comment!!

Wolff spring in my P9. Only 50 rounds since but no light strikes.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_usn_ret View Post
    I will make one statement about trigger pull ....Speaking from experience, if you need to fire your weapon in a self defense situation..... a 4# trigger pull is going to make ZERO difference compared to a 5 0r 6# pull!!! Bubbadising your firearm by cutting a spring...never mind I said I would make ONE comment!!
    We have a bingo here.

I put the Wolff springs in my Kahrs. On my PM45 which I had owned for quite a spell it didn't make much difference. The factory triggers vary a bit and mine before the swap measured right around 5. The Wolff measured just about the same. I always meant to measure it again after it's been in for awhile to see if the spring set and use would lighten it some.

In some cases it might make a big difference in others no so much.

As Mike said when you look the elephant in the eye it's doubtful you'll notice trigger pull weight. If it was 20 and you need it you'll pull it and most likely not notice you even did.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."