Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any DA pistols with Kahr like triggers?

Default Any DA pistols with Kahr like triggers?

Hello All,
    Are there any other DA semi auto pistols with Kahr like triggers worthy of notice? Every striker fired pistol I've tried had a somewhat significant trigger wall prior to the trigger break. I love my Kahr because it has a smooth trigger pull all the way to the break without any such wall.

Otherwise any DA only hammer fired pistols with a similar trigger worthy as a ccw.

Thanks,
    Ralph
    Last edited by Ralph III; 10-21-2019 at 07:29 PM.

It's why I've gone back to a revolver for carry. Simplicity. I don't worry about springs, magazines, misfeeds, stove pipes etc. I pull the trigger, which is Kahr like and the reason why I liked my Kahr in the first place, and it shoots. I went from seven rounds to 5, but 5 rounds of .357 will be enough to ease my worried mind

I have a Beretta PX4 with the "Constant" trigger. It is quite Kahr like in a full sized pistol. The Hammer is partially pre-cocked like a Kahr and is more like Kahr than the full dual action version. I believe HK and Sig also have some hammer fired guns with similar triggers.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Thanks for the input. Any other DA pistols with Kahr like triggers.

God Bless,
    Ralph

IMO...

The Kahr trigger is like a really, really, sweet DA revolver trigger. I think you might be hard pressed to find anything that competes if you are into that type of trigger. That being said, the couple aluminum or steel DA/SA pistols (S&W and Beretta) I have seem to have better DA pulls than my plastic DA/SA pistols (FN and H&K). I would assume that a DA only Beretta might be an option. Also, I only dry fired once or twice at the dealer, but the Sig P250 seemed to have a decent DA only trigger.

One last thing. MY S&W 66-8's trigger felt pretty stiff when I first shot it. However, I'm sure that the couple hundred snap cap practice shots helped 1. my trigger finger get stronger and 2. smooth out the internal surfaces such that I now think that factory trigger (now broken in) is smooth. I'm sure replacing the stock grips with grips that placed my trigger finger at almost the perfect position for me helped (Pachmayr Compacs). In fact, I have the Kahrs because I wanted a trigger feel along the lines of my revolver.

Yes, Imo the Kahr is a fantastic trigger. In fact, all my EDC guns are now DAO. I shoot them so often that I now a total dislike for light Striker fired triggers. To answer your question, the Beretta Nano/APX has a very similar Striker fired DAO. I love these triggers as well and just recently finished putting 10,000 rounds through one of my Nano's. I like the Kahr better in the fact that it does not have the Glock Safety that are on the Beretta's.The trigger pull on the Nano/Carry is slightly heavier at around 6 lbs vs 5lbs. Gallaway has a kit to reduce it by about a lb, but I prefer it just the way it is. Right after putting the 10,000 rounds through the Nano, I ordered two more, One for my son who comes home from the Army National Guard Combat medic training in a week. I also put the new APX Grip on one of the Nano's. I plan on purchasing One More CM 9 as a backup to the one I have.
    Thanks for posting.

The HK LEM trigger is another. I have no experience with it, but supposedly is it a partially pre-cocked double action style trigger with constant trigger pull.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    The HK LEM trigger is another. I have no experience with it, but supposedly is it a partially pre-cocked double action style trigger with constant trigger pull.
    And with varying degrees of light trigger weight, depending on which LEM variant you select.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph III View Post
    Hello All,
    Are there any other DA semi auto pistols with Kahr like triggers worthy of notice? Every striker fired pistol I've tried had a somewhat significant trigger wall prior to the trigger break. I love my Kahr because it has a smooth trigger pull all the way to the break without any such wall.

Otherwise any DA only hammer fired pistols with a similar trigger worthy as a ccw.

Thanks,
    Ralph
    I own the Beretta Nano actually two of them with a Trigger that if very close to the Kahr. Striker Fired DAO. Love the trigger just like the Kahr. However it does have the Glock Trigger safety which I do not care for. Trigger pull in around 6lbs of pull. Also the Beretta APX carry which is basically a Nano with a knew grip and lower bore axis. (Grips are interchangeable). The Nano/APX is a very mild shooting Micro about the same size as my Kahr CM9 but heavier. About 3 oz.
    Gallaway has a Spring that will make it lighter, but I personally like the Trigger just the way it is.

Some of the Ruger P- series came in DAO, and the trigger is typically glassy smooth, but heavier than a Kahr.