Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Cann't give the CM9 away if I wanted to!

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    So you don't see how offering two virtually identical firearms at vastly different price points could cannibalize the sales of the more expensive ones? New gun buyera aren't likely swayed to spend more money by the addition of two extra magazines and some extra slide milling. By offering the "Value Line", Kahr impacted sales of the Premium Line(not the steel guns, those are a totally different buyer).
    The other problem is that the value line weren’t as reliable, reportedly, as normal Kahrs. That reflects on the entire lineup and hurts sales.

Don't know why they wouldn't be as reliable and never heard that myself. They are the same operating system just less cosmetics on the slide.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_usn_ret View Post
    Went slumming around the LGS's yesterday. North central FL. Can not get the Glock 43x off my mind. Only Glock I have ever held that I liked...and sad thing is , I really like it. Had my CM9 (In very good shape) on me and just asked just for the sake of asking how much for a trade....get this. 5 shops...one offer $100...one $125...and 3 offers of ..."Can not take a Kahr on trade, no call for them in the local market. New shooters do not like them and experienced ones say they are over rated and a PITA.
    I though Kahr popularity had increased! Was really shocked to get 3 that did not even want to talk trade in at all.
    Really do not want to trade my CM9 in, but do not have any other firearm I would get rid of except my Springfield XDe...and what I want is much more than I will get on a 43x with a Blue label price of $380.
    I think there is a glut of firearms on the market for the past few years. Since Nov. 2016 I believe. Leading up to the 2016 election people were stockpiling ammo and buying guns like gangbusters. Since Trump won the election a lot of people stopped stocking up on guns and ammo for a couple of years. In fact, on multiple forums and gunsites, people seem to be desperate to sell their guns and prices for used guns have dropped amazingly. There has been a bit of an uptick in the past few months with the 2020 elections just around the corner but nothing like 2015-2016 when Hiliary looked like a shoo-in.

As for me, I keeping my CM9 for several reasons. It's accurate, reliable and very easy to carry AIWB and in the front pocket. I have not held a loaded P365 but I am not sure it's as nice to pocket carry based solely on weight. Even 4 oz (heavier empty weight plus it holds 4 more rounds) makes a big difference when carried in the front pocket of dress pants.

However, it would be nice if Kahr would take some initiative, put some cash into R&D and innovate.

Quote Originally Posted by Covert Kahr View Post
    The other problem is that the value line weren’t as reliable, reportedly, as normal Kahrs. That reflects on the entire lineup and hurts sales.
    Please don't take this wrong. I'm not trying to start an argument but you've made a rather serious statement there. Can you support that contention with facts, or is that opinion..??? "Reportedly less reliable than normal Kahrs"..???
    Reported by whom...??? I would like to see those reports. I would like to drill down into them and see what it is about the "C" series that is reported to be affecting reliability. I put my CM9.."Value Line" 9mm into it's Don Hume holster pretty much everyday and bet my life on it.
    I haven't had ANY reason to question it's reliability vs any other choice I could make. If I've missed seeing reliable, VALID reports documenting functional issues with the CM series...I would sincerely like to see them. My experience with my CM9 and the variety of loads I've run through it over the years has been excellent, but I understand that limited anecdotal personal experience doesn't count.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by guido4198 View Post
    Please don't take this wrong. I'm not trying to start an argument but you've made a rather serious statement there. Can you support that contention with facts, or is that opinion..??? "Reportedly less reliable than normal Kahrs"..???
    Reported by whom...??? I would like to see those reports. I would like to drill down into them and see what it is about the "C" series that is reported to be affecting reliability. I put my CM9.."Value Line" 9mm into it's Don Hume holster pretty much everyday and bet my life on it.
    I haven't had ANY reason to question it's reliability vs any other choice I could make. If I've missed seeing reliable, VALID reports documenting functional issues with the CM series...I would sincerely like to see them. My experience with my CM9 and the variety of loads I've run through it over the years has been excellent, but I understand that limited anecdotal personal experience doesn't count.
    Thank you.
    It’s probably the same amount of data as folks that have failures of the sig P365 or glocks that go kaboom. All you need is a couple of failures that people can blame on the quality; regardless of if the failures are within the expected failure rate for production. Over the years I’ve read of people complaining about kahrs, generally the value line. Which is just anecdotal as I didn’t bother tracking it. But after the 3rd or 4th time hearing about problems, it starts to stick.

Ok, Thanks.
    I know what you mean about folks posting opinions or anecdotal evidence that sometimes takes on a life of it’s own and in doing so gains a measure of “ internet credibility” that is totally unwarranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Don't know why they wouldn't be as reliable and never heard that myself. They are the same operating system just less cosmetics on the slide.
    Bawanna----I own Kahrs from the Value Line, Premium Line, and the steel models, and the only ones I've had any problems with are my Value Line pistols. My CW380 was unreliable after 300 rounds and was sent back to Kahr. It's better but it doesn't get through 50 rounds without a malfunction. My CM9 came from the factory with lots of polymer fibers shedding and a creaky trigger. It's always been reliable but it took some elbow grease to make it a nice pistol.

As much as I liked my CM9, I must say I am totally happy with my Glock 43x. Added a flat trigger , front fiber optic sight and a grip sleeve. Here is a pic of shooting after installing the new trigger. .......and by the way...I did buy my friends CM9. He sold it to me for $200!!! So now I have the best of both worlds. IMG_0083.jpgSAM_1970.jpg

I've been following and enjoying this thread and thought I'd share a thought or two I haven't seen yet.
    My CM9 works just fine. That said, like so many of us..I sometimes fall into the trap of wanting to try the "next new thing". With an idea of doing a trade...I discovered that my CM9..like new, in the original box with papers, etc. doesn't have much trade value. That can be a liberating feeling. It's much easier to try various modifications on such an item. Sort of: "What have I got to lose..??".
    So Far:
    I've put a "ghetto grip sleeve" on it, then added a couple wraps of plain old "Friction Tape" from Home Depot. I like the resultant feel of the pistol in my hand MUCH better than stock and NO...I don't care how it looks.
    I installed the Magguts 6+1 spring kit for the magazine that rides in the gun so that I'm carrying 8. I've left the spare mag that I carry in my pocket original (so far) while I thoroughly test the new mag springs.
    I installed the MCarbo spring kit to lighten the trigger pull. It works GREAT with every variety of modern factory ammo I've tried, and my own reloads using Winchester small pistol primers. CCI500's good, but not 100%. The lighter springs don't work at all with some old (1960's production) Portuguese milsurp stuff I bought a long time ago to spray out of a STEN gun. (BTW:The Kahr factory springs do work with that stuff.) The installation video from MCarbo is awesome. Even an old ham hand like me can do it first time.
    The MCarbo kit doesn't do anything to change the Loooonnnggg reset. That's good news to a lot of folks so I thought it worth mentioning.
    IF....(big if I know)...Galloway or anyone else ever offers a trigger kit to shorten that reset..I'll be in line to try that too.
    So, here we are. On the advice of my Brother Rob...I ordered a Don Hume JIT OWB holster with a sturdy belt and learned to dress accordingly. A thin tank top tucked in, worn under any other shirt (including a T-shirt) NOT tucked gives me all the coverage I need for everyday carry. The little CM9 shoots great and has proven itself to be reliable enough with modern ammo to bet my life on. In the JIT belt holster...it simply "disappears on my side" under my shirt and will provide me with 8 rounds of 9mm immediately and 6 (possibly 7) more should GOD FORBID...the need arise.
    Not too shabby for a little pistol nobody seems to want huh..??

Quote Originally Posted by guido4198 View Post
    Ok, Thanks.
    I know what you mean about folks posting opinions or anecdotal evidence that sometimes takes on a life of it’s own and in doing so gains a measure of “ internet credibility” that is totally unwarranted.
    Other than with the 380 and complaints about mags, I haven't heard or seen any significant number of complaints over the about the Kahr's value line pistols other than the few anecdotals from people who personal had issues with their examples. People who went on to magnify and project their issues onto the entire line...

The are basically the same gun with minor upgrades. I was around when the value line was first introduced, I've been a member of several popular gun forums for years as well. I've rarely ever heard anything negative about value line or premium line of Kahr pistols. The main complaint against Kahr is their mags.