Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Cann't give the CM9 away if I wanted to!

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Hardly is the fact that if indeed Sig sold 600,000 it is not a massive marketing of hype and dollars. You say they Choose it over the Khar CM9, then well then they choose it also over every single gun in the same class out there. And how many were sold before the gun even hit the streets? My Gosh, every LGS in my town had a huge waiting list to get a gun, they themselves had not even shot. It was ridiculous. Yes, marketing, hype and internet explosion. Every Youtube reviewer was trying to beat the other to the review. The more I watched this feeding frenzy the more I just laughed.

Man ya got to love the internet and ya got to love marketing. I mean you take away the magazine with a few more rounds and what do you have?? Do you honestly think that people would have lined up to buy a gun in such a frenzy if it just had a 7 rd magazine?
    SIG and marketing were selling the Sizzle and NOT the steak. And the Sizzle was the Magazine NOT the gun. And people were buying it hook line and sinker. What ever number of units Sig did sell (and God only knows what the real truth is) I would bet that 50% were sold before they hit the streets. So what about the actual steak? When a group of friends of mine tested the gun and all very experienced shooters we found the shooting of the gun remarkable unremarkable. Not a bad shooter, but many other guns out there shoot so much better. Very similar to a Ruger LC9S but with a shorter length. One of the shooters actually like the gun, and even purchased one. A middle age woman who liked the size for her hand. She has told me since that she traded in the gun for a Glock as the gun just had one problem after the other at the 2,000 rd mark. One guy on another forum was so enthused by the large round count, he bought one, it failed and he bought two more and they had failures. He says the latest call to Sig was that Sig told him they just came out with a new Recoil guide rod and spring that would fix his issue. He is now selling the gun and has already bought a Hellcat. And if the internet tells you to put coke in your whiskey, fine. I will just take mine straight. Smooth and honest.

Look, I did not mean to come on and post to disparage the Sig. It is a nice gun. But when someone walks into the House of Kahr and starts putting down the CM9 over the Sig, well then the gloves just came off. So let's just get it on.
    If you own a Sig, I am sure things will work out. I sincerly hope they do and I mean this. $500.00 is a lot of money for some folks. When buying a EDC, you need to take your time. Especially on any new product. Sig has some things to iron out on the Sig 365 and they will most likely get it right. The Hellcat is out now, with even one more round if that is your thing. Enjoy the Sig, but do not tell me that it is a better gun than a CM9. Because you and all the Marketing dollars in the world will not convince me. And neither will the guy behind the counter of the LGS. By the way, that long line to get the Sig? It is gone, they have plenty in stock. Now a line to get the Hellcat.
    In the meantime, my CM9 and I had a fine day at the range today. And she rode like the Champion she is. And able to turn on a dime and do it with a whole lot of class!
    The firearms world is saturated with the latest and greatest. You should be thankful that there are soooooo many guinea pigs out there. With some investigating, it makes other's decisions easier as far as what firearms to purchase. I hope that the guinee's continue to buy in to the firearm world hype. Makes it easier for others to make more rational and intelligent decisions when making a purchase. Sig accomplished what they wanted to do. They got the long lines. Many paid the price for jumping on the band wagon without a test drive. It's what makes the gun world tick. I really don't think that Sig did itself any favors with many people and may have ruined a reputation with some. Was it worth it????????????? Now it's Springfield's turn...………..all the troubles for an extra bullet or two. Hilarious to sit back and watch.

Enjoy the Sig, but do not tell me that it is a better gun than a CM9. Because you and all the Marketing dollars in the world will not convince me. And neither will the guy behind the counter of the LGS.
    That’s why I test fired one at a rental range first. I like my kahr, carried it for years in California. After 700+ flawless rounds through the Sig the kahr stays in the box. Might take it to the range for a comparison, but it does nothing that the Sig doesn’t do better. A PM9 would pocket carry better than the Sig, but by the time I buy pants with pockets sized for carrying, the Sig would fit them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JinRC View Post
    I second the question. What's happening with your kit?
    I've got two kits coming tomorrow, it would be nice to look for any defects.
    Thanks
    Since you already have two kits coming...I'll recommend that after you have fired a magazine, check the spring/follower relationship. The instructions that come with the kit require that you make sure the last coil on the cpring is in the little "notch" in the follower. I have been unable to keep the spring in the "notch" on the follower as the manufacturer's instructions require. It's in there when I load the mag, NOT in there when the mag is empty. Trying to shoot in that condition ( spring not in the notch) results in failure. I don't imagine the manufacturer's intention was that I have to re-set that spring/"follower notch" relationship everytime I load a magazine. I have sent an inquiry to them ( last week). It was just that...an inquiry, and request for assistance or guidance. Not some kind of rant, demand, etc. Still waiting to hear back from them.
    At this point....I'm not terribly upset. I understand that sometimes new products have "issues" and am OK with working through them, IF the manufacturer is responsive and stands behind their product. I only posted my earlier comment in response to a post from someone getting ready to order in an effort to advise that things aren't all rosy with the 6+1 MagGuts 9mm kit and that perhaps folks might want to know how the company addresses problems, BEFORE ordering.
    IMHO: the jury is still out. When this has either been resolved, or NOT...I will happily post a full report and let the chips fall where they may...good or bad.
    'nuff said for now.

Quote Originally Posted by guido4198 View Post
    Since you already have two kits coming...I'll recommend that after you have fired a magazine, check the spring/follower relationship. The instructions that come with the kit require that you make sure the last coil on the cpring is in the little "notch" in the follower. I have been unable to keep the spring in the "notch" on the follower as the manufacturer's instructions require. It's in there when I load the mag, NOT in there when the mag is empty. Trying to shoot in that condition ( spring not in the notch) results in failure. I don't imagine the manufacturer's intention was that I have to re-set that spring/"follower notch" relationship everytime I load a magazine. I have sent an inquiry to them ( last week). It was just that...an inquiry, and request for assistance or guidance. Not some kind of rant, demand, etc. Still waiting to hear back from them.
    At this point....I'm not terribly upset. I understand that sometimes new products have "issues" and am OK with working through them, IF the manufacturer is responsive and stands behind their product. I only posted my earlier comment in response to a post from someone getting ready to order in an effort to advise that things aren't all rosy with the 6+1 MagGuts 9mm kit and that perhaps folks might want to know how the company addresses problems, BEFORE ordering.
    IMHO: the jury is still out. When this has either been resolved, or NOT...I will happily post a full report and let the chips fall where they may...good or bad.
    'nuff said for now.
    That's not good.

So as not to steer this thread to far off topic, I've quoted your post and replied with some photos in one of the Maggut threads: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?32971-Mag-Guts-for-9mm-is-here!/page6

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Greg, and All..
    I'm posting my full report on the result of the MagGuts project in my 6 rd CM9 that I referred to earlier, over on the Mag-Guts-for-9mm thread.
    If you don't wish to read it all...please accept this summary:
    Problem solve. MagGuts did everything (almost) as good as anyone could expect. I'm pleased and keeping MagGuts spring kits in the Kahr magazine(s) I bet my life on.

Quote Originally Posted by Covert Kahr View Post
    That’s why I test fired one at a rental range first. I like my kahr, carried it for years in California. After 700+ flawless rounds through the Sig the kahr stays in the box. Might take it to the range for a comparison, but it does nothing that the Sig doesn’t do better. A PM9 would pocket carry better than the Sig, but by the time I buy pants with pockets sized for carrying, the Sig would fit them as well.
    Interesting. And again a group of us, 5 to be exact shot the 365 and did not find anything remarkable about the gun. In fact since shooting the gun, all of us have purchased other Micro 9mm. (We like shooting them). I actually purchased three more and one of them was another Kahr CM9. One lady did purchase the 365 but dumped it after 2,000 because of too many failures. Ok, so moving on. The Sig 365 shoots very similar to the Ruger LC9s albeit a tad less recoil, not much and a tad less muzzle flip. The Kahr CM9 has it beat in muzzle flip for sure.
    But if Ruger does come out with a Double stack based on the LC9S then I think that will really hurt the Sig 365 sales. Now if you like a LIGHT striker fired trigger, then the LC9S is the way to go. Actually too light for me. Sig sales are already falling. Now down to $429 and used one's coming more prevalent. The Hellcat is from all accounts a much better gun, although I have yet to test it. But no where near the problems of the 365 which seem to never end.
    While I would have no intention of purchasing a LC9S with 12 rds, (Like the gun, not the trigger) I am enjoying just sitting back and watching how this fad plays out. Buckle up your seat belt boys and Girls, it is going to be a very bumpy road in the coming year.

I think the fad plays out with high capacity micro compacts eventually dominating the 9mm concealed carry market. It’s taken longer than I expected for another manufacturer to follow Sig Sauer but Springfield finally has. We’ll see who’s next.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Interesting. And again a group of us, 5 to be exact shot the 365 and did not find anything remarkable about the gun. In fact since shooting the gun, all of us have purchased other Micro 9mm. (We like shooting them). I actually purchased three more and one of them was another Kahr CM9. One lady did purchase the 365 but dumped it after 2,000 because of too many failures. Ok, so moving on. The Sig 365 shoots very similar to the Ruger LC9s albeit a tad less recoil, not much and a tad less muzzle flip. The Kahr CM9 has it beat in muzzle flip for sure.
    But if Ruger does come out with a Double stack based on the LC9S then I think that will really hurt the Sig 365 sales. Now if you like a LIGHT striker fired trigger, then the LC9S is the way to go. Actually too light for me. Sig sales are already falling. Now down to $429 and used one's coming more prevalent. The Hellcat is from all accounts a much better gun, although I have yet to test it. But no where near the problems of the 365 which seem to never end.
    While I would have no intention of purchasing a LC9S with 12 rds, (Like the gun, not the trigger) I am enjoying just sitting back and watching how this fad plays out. Buckle up your seat belt boys and Girls, it is going to be a very bumpy road in the coming year.
    Congratulations on finding a gun you like! Based on your vitriol for the P365, I think you’re still jealous, but you can’t admit that yet. Just think, if the Sig comes down to the CM9 price level then there’s a gun with better everything for the same price.

Hellcat may be better in some ways than the 365, may not. Either way, it’s about the same size as a pm9, with 71% more bullets in a single mag. Only reason to buy a pm9 now is nostalgia. Welcome to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by Covert Kahr View Post
    Congratulations on finding a gun you like! Based on your vitriol for the P365, I think you’re still jealous, but you can’t admit that yet. Just think, if the Sig comes down to the CM9 price level then there’s a gun with better everything for the same price.

Hellcat may be better in some ways than the 365, may not. Either way, it’s about the same size as a pm9, with 71% more bullets in a single mag. Only reason to buy a pm9 now is nostalgia. Welcome to the dark side.
    Hillary lost...………………………………………………….

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Hillary lost...………………………………………………….
    Amen!

Also, Epstein didn’t kill him self.