Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cann't give the CM9 away if I wanted to!

Well I have been a big fan of the CM9 from the first day I shot mine, and will never say it is not a great firearm. To hear some of these LGS owners try to rip a Kahr to shreads just makes me wonder why they are not on TV telling people to .."Put your hand on the TV and your money in the mail for Jesus"!! Because all they know is to spill out nonsense to people that do not know better. Guns have to provide comfort, reliability, accuracy and I guess some sense of pride to the owner. The CM9 does that but the Glock 43x just does a little more for me. I shoot it better and it is lighter and holds more rds (not a real big deal for me honestly) and just fits my hand better than the CM9. But having both of these firearms is very satisfying to say the least. And remember at 69 years old and this is my first Glock....I am not nor will I ever be telling people a Glock is the one and only gun for you...especially since I will never part with my CZs, Springfield XDe or either of my Kahrs again.
    Last edited by Mike_usn_ret; 11-08-2019 at 03:01 PM.

Pure lack of knowledge in the gun shops. They just pass on internet propaganda like everyone else.

We don't have any shops nearby now that I trust for information. I do my research, sort out the wheat from the chaff and make a decision.

Tried to order my PM45 from a dealer, he told me I didn't want one of those the were so expensive. Told him OK, ordered it online and had it transferred. Sale lost pal.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Pure lack of knowledge in the gun shops. They just pass on internet propaganda like everyone else.

We don't have any shops nearby now that I trust for information. I do my research, sort out the wheat from the chaff and make a decision.

Tried to order my PM45 from a dealer, he told me I didn't want one of those the were so expensive. Told him OK, ordered it online and had it transferred. Sale lost pal.
    Some of the junk now made as truth on the internet has gone so far out of reality. What is also amazing is how the Kahr was so far ahead of things and got it right so many years ago. For one it is so simple, refined, almost elegant. The Kahr CM9 IMO is about a grand example of perfection as I have seen in any Micro 9mm. A gun you can just hold in your hand and admire. A Honest true, deliberate and smooth DAO. Which in these days, the internet has convinced the Public that only a Light Striker Fired Trigger is the only good trigger. Even Newbies coming up the the LGS counter and wanting the lightest trigger possible and the shortest reset. In order to make sales some of the Gun manufacturers try every gimmick out there. Anything new comes along and they run to it like Lemmings over a cliff. Convinced that they have to have more and more high round count magazines, lighter triggers, shorter resets. It has become a joke. People lined up to buy the 365 even before shooting one, only to find it does not even fit their hand. Now wanting Red Dots scopes on small carry guns, holsters and carry not considered. Other sights that are hard to even use, Ported barrels that cause a crazy loud noise that will be disastrous if they have to actually shoot one in self defense, like inside a vehicle for instance, or blinded by muzzle blast.
    Kahr walks their own Path. Simple design, high quality, safe smooth and deliberate trigger. Bravo to them. My Hat is off to them. Gimmicks, fads, Hype, and billions of Dollars spent on ads and propaganda does not make a good gun. More is NOT better.
    I will say this now, and I have shot most Micro's out there. A lot of them, to include the 365. The Kahr CM is a Great Gun! And just recently bought another when I could have easily purchased a Sig 365.

PS; Mike I also shot the Glock 43X. Nice gun for sure, but not a good fit for me. Woke up the next day with a terrible blister on my Trigger finger. And yes, everyone should go with what the shoot the best.

by the way, I had the CW380 out the other day, I shoot small guns very often. I have to say that this gun shot so mild and so easy for me it was crazy. Rapid Fire and 3-4" groups consistently. And do not anyone tell me, I need a light Crisp Trigger with short reset. That is total BS.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Some of the junk now made as truth on the internet has gone so far out of reality. What is also amazing is how the Kahr was so far ahead of things and got it right so many years ago. For one it is so simple, refined, almost elegant. The Kahr CM9 IMO is about a grand example of perfection as I have seen in any Micro 9mm. A gun you can just hold in your hand and admire. A Honest true, deliberate and smooth DAO. Which in these days, the internet has convinced the Public that only a Light Striker Fired Trigger is the only good trigger. Even Newbies coming up the the LGS counter and wanting the lightest trigger possible and the shortest reset. In order to make sales some of the Gun manufacturers try every gimmick out there. Anything new comes along and they run to it like Lemmings over a cliff. Convinced that they have to have more and more high round count magazines, lighter triggers, shorter resets. It has become a joke. People lined up to buy the 365 even before shooting one, only to find it does not even fit their hand. Now wanting Red Dots scopes on small carry guns, holsters and carry not considered. Other sights that are hard to even use, Ported barrels that cause a crazy loud noise that will be disastrous if they have to actually shoot one in self defense, like inside a vehicle for instance, or blinded by muzzle blast.
    Kahr walks their own Path. Simple design, high quality, safe smooth and deliberate trigger. Bravo to them. My Hat is off to them. Gimmicks, fads, Hype, and billions of Dollars spent on ads and propaganda does not make a good gun. More is NOT better.
    I will say this now, and I have shot most Micro's out there. A lot of them, to include the 365. The Kahr CM is a Great Gun! And just recently bought another when I could have easily purchased a Sig 365.

PS; Mike I also shot the Glock 43X. Nice gun for sure, but not a good fit for me. Woke up the next day with a terrible blister on my Trigger finger. And yes, everyone should go with what the shoot the best.

by the way, I had the CW380 out the other day, I shoot small guns very often. I have to say that this gun shot so mild and so easy for me it was crazy. Rapid Fire and 3-4" groups consistently. And do not anyone tell me, I need a light Crisp Trigger with short reset. That is total BS.
    That about sums it up right there. Good post.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

This is a fact too. Good one Colonel.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post

If Kahr made a 10+1 capacity PM9, would you buy it, or decry Kahrs trendiness? Haha, J/K. But I hear Kahr is producing a pretty sweet single shot DOA for the next shot show.

Quote Originally Posted by Covert Kahr View Post
    If Kahr made a 10+1 capacity PM9, would you buy it, or decry Kahrs trendiness? Haha, J/K. But I hear Kahr is producing a pretty sweet single shot DOA for the next shot show.
    Good post.

The CM9 is what it is and I like mine. It’s been reliable for 1400 rounds and it conceals well.

The P365 is what it is and I like mine. It’s been reliable for 300 rounds and it conceals well.

It’s good to have choices. For now the 365 is carried and the CM9 sits in reserve in a lock box.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Lots of people really hung up on capacity around here. Want it both ways, tiny little gun that disappears in your pocket but holds a dozen rounds. Even stooping to mouse gun 380 for more rounds and even smaller.
    Maybe they can come out with an inflatable model. You pull it out and blow it up and you have a 9mm with 26 rounds?

My 1911 only holds 8 but never felt the need for more. Guess you can get extended mags for an extra couple but grab an extra mag and I got 8 more.

Cops need high capacity sidearms but even they prefer small slim back up guns, often times not just for extra shots but something to get to if they lose their primary sidearm or are in a position they can't get it etc.

I think King Rat nailed it proper.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Love my P365's but the PM9 is still the only 9mm I can drop into the pocket of a pair of lightweight wool dress pants and have no printing worries and still very easy to draw.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I think King Rat nailed it proper.
    And I think he expressed a point of view, and it’s just that, a point of view. One that I don’t agree with and apparently 600,000 people who have chosen the 365 over the CM9 don’t agree with it either. And no, they haven’t chosen it because they’re lemmings falling for a marketing scam. That’s a ridiculous assertion. I’ll leave it at that.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.