Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cann't give the CM9 away if I wanted to!

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    That new 911 Springfield 911 9mm is a very nice looking firearm. The magazines look very nice also, with metal followers. Could be a hit for the 1911 lovers who are used to the platform, and want something a bit smaller to take to the store...………………………………………………...
    After 5+ years of pondering getting a Sig P938 (like the Springfield 911 and uses the same mags) I finally bought one. 200 rounds so far and I like it. And it is smaller than the CM9 by just a smidge and weighs the same according to my scales. Very nice.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    The P365 is the standard, because if you can carry 11 rounds in the same size envelope as 7, it's a no-brainer. If you're a new gun buyer looking for your first carry pistol, why would you choose FEWER rounds? You wouldn't. Nobody would. I've shot a P365. I own a G43 and Kahrs in all sizes and trim levels. If I had none of my pistols, I'd buy the P365.
    Sir you need to speak for yourself. For some reason the Internet folks are trying hard to jam us all into the crowd that higher round count is a no brainer. Sorry, could give a flying Fig about high round count in a small carry pistol What has Kahr giving us? Have no idea what it gave you. They gave me to well made, beautiful Carry guns that shoot terrific. Sorry, In my life of EDC, weight does matter, ounces matter. I have one of the smoothest shooting, lightest carry 9mm's on the market. And the last time I checked, 14oz is lighter than 18oz. Sorry, if I do not feel the need for higher rounds to carry a gun. Just do not buy into the internet on a lot of things. Kahr was ahead of the Game years ago. And IMO still are.

I find the Sig laughable. A gun comes out, shoots like a Ruger LC9S with a few more rounds and the internet explodes! Sorry, I have shot the Sig and no thanks. Don't need a few extra rounds. Fads on the internet gun world come and go. Kahr stays the same and fans like that, and most do not want a change. They want every thing the Kahr offers. The 365 is a gun developed around a magazine. Shooting the 365 was remarkably unremarkable. And now the internet is telling every run to dump fine beautiful guns and RUSH and get the NEWEST thing on the market SHAZAM! Sorry if I do not buy into the hype.
    How about this Sig, build me a gun, that is lighter weight than the Kahr in 9mm and shoots great. That would be innovation.
    If you cannot rack a gun slide, because it has strong quality recoil springs then simply go find a gun that does. No brainer. Want a lot of rounds and more weight get one. Want to tell Kahr how to run their business, just start your our own. Amazing how many CEO's we have here on the forum.

And to the poster that said he bought a 938 over the 365. Bravo to you, I would take that pistol any day over the 365. And I can name off about 30 pistols and revolvers I would much prefer over the 365. But what do I know? Heck, I never even bought into the red/ green laser's on small guns. To me, they were just another internet hyped up fad. Well, actually I did buy one, but it came off quickly and became a toy for my dog. She loves to chase the little red Beam around in the dark.
    To Kahr, I say Bravo to you. Keep up the Great work. You have thousands of loyal fans. Just like the beautiful DAO trigger vs the Super light weight Striker fired guns out there, you stood your ground. And I for one am mighty glad you did. My CW380 and my CM9 run great, carry great. And sometimes Keeping things Simple is just good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Sir you need to speak for yourself. For some reason the Internet folks are trying hard to jam us all into the crowd that higher round count is a no brainer. Sorry, could give a flying Fig about high round count in a small carry pistol What has Kahr giving us? Have no idea what it gave you. They gave me to well made, beautiful Carry guns that shoot terrific. Sorry, In my life of EDC, weight does matter, ounces matter. I have one of the smoothest shooting, lightest carry 9mm's on the market. And the last time I checked, 14oz is lighter than 18oz. Sorry, if I do not feel the need for higher rounds to carry a gun. Just do not buy into the internet on a lot of things. Kahr was ahead of the Game years ago. And IMO still are.

I find the Sig laughable. A gun comes out, shoots like a Ruger LC9S with a few more rounds and the internet explodes! Sorry, I have shot the Sig and no thanks. Don't need a few extra rounds. Fads on the internet gun world come and go. Kahr stays the same and fans like that, and most do not want a change. They want every thing the Kahr offers. The 365 is a gun developed around a magazine. Shooting the 365 was remarkably unremarkable. And now the internet is telling every run to dump fine beautiful guns and RUSH and get the NEWEST thing on the market SHAZAM! Sorry if I do not buy into the hype.
    How about this Sig, build me a gun, that is lighter weight than the Kahr in 9mm and shoots great. That would be innovation.
    If you cannot rack a gun slide, because it has strong quality recoil springs then simply go find a gun that does. No brainer. Want a lot of rounds and more weight get one. Want to tell Kahr how to run their business, just start your our own. Amazing how many CEO's we have here on the forum.

And to the poster that said he bought a 938 over the 365. Bravo to you, I would take that pistol any day over the 365. And I can name off about 30 pistols and revolvers I would much prefer over the 365. But what do I know? Heck, I never even bought into the red/ green laser's on small guns. To me, they were just another internet hyped up fad. Well, actually I did buy one, but it came off quickly and became a toy for my dog. She loves to chase the little red Beam around in the dark.
    To Kahr, I say Bravo to you. Keep up the Great work. You have thousands of loyal fans. Just like the beautiful DAO trigger vs the Super light weight Striker fired guns out there, you stood your ground. And I for one am mighty glad you did. My CW380 and my CM9 run great, carry great. And sometimes Keeping things Simple is just good enough.

11 rounds is better than 7 in the same size handgun. It's a no-brainer.

I would guarantee you SIG sells more P365s than Kahr sells Kahr-branded handguns.

SOME Kahrs are beautifully made handguns---the steel pistols. The Value Line, from which I own a couple of examples, are not very well made at all. My CM9 had polymer hairs shedding from the frame when I got it and had a creak in the trigger pull which necessitated me tweaking it after purchase. My CW380 required a return trip to Kahr, and still is unreliable to the point it's getting replaced with a PPK as soon as I find one.

More rounds in the same size envelope is always a good thing. If you're worrying about a couple of ounces, that makes me think you're not carrying a backup mag---which everyone should be doing.

The trigger on the P365 is beautiful. It's different than the Kahr, but still smooth with a crisp break and a light weight.

Kahr is abandoning a necessary segment of the carry pistol market. Right now there's the G43x, SIG P365, and Springfield Hellcat. Think S&W isn't working on a higher capacity Shield? Of course they are. I expect the big makers are going to bring higher cap ultracompacts to the market----and Kahr will continue to be an also-ran.

Whether YOU support it isn't the issue---the issue is what the market wants, and the market clearly wants more rounds.

As some have observed...when it was introduced the Kahr PM9/CM9 pistols were the CLEAR leader in micro CCW choices.
    Predictably...the industry got busy and began offering new choices while Kahr has pretty much "rested on it's laurels".
    My CM9 has so little trade-in value that for the money being offered...I'll just keep it. As a result..I'm upgrading what I have.
    I had an early 7-rd magazine which was an utter failure. These days..I read reports that the current offering has those early issues resolved. We'll see..I'll give it another try. There's a kit available to convert a 7 rd to hold 8. With that in place...my current 6+1 becomes an 8+1 and I'm satisfied on the issue of "round count". IMHO: 9 in the gun and 8 more in a spare mag in my pocket will do for daily concealed carry.
    I'm using a Don Hume JIT OWB holster in a crossdraw position. Hanes ribbed tank undershirt and pretty much any "over-shirt" with the shirttail untucked is working REAL well.
    I was having issues racking the slide on my CM9 until I simply did some research, watched a couple of UTube videos and practiced what I saw. If racking your little Kahr is a problem...I recommend getting educated before giving up. Lastly...Proper cleaning and LUBE is critical. These little pistols are like Lamborghini's compared to dump trucks. You can't keep a high performance car on the road if you maintain it like a dump truck.

I have a PM9 a pair of P365's both function and shoot equally well but, I have never heard "I had too much ammo" following a gunfight. So If I can shoot a number of small pistols equally well, the question of which will I carry becomes rhetorical.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Well said King Rat. I'm with you on this. Lots of fine choices out there these days. But as you mention the internet fads are water to a thirsty armchair commando.
    Same in all kinds of stuff. Take a Sea Doo, they take the same boat and paint it a different color scheme, all other things the same but that's this year model. People will dump last years and get the new model not to be out done.

Crazy.

Guess I'm officially old but I'm not into the Red Dot sight craze on citizen carry guns, not even into them for cops but it's the trend and like holding back the tide.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Pretty soon, they'll have a spring and doo dad that will add 27 rds. to your 6 round mag. Of course, you won't be able to see it, because to conceal it, you'll have to run it down your pantleg and tuck it in your sock. Then they'll come out with a doo dad that makes it easier to get the mag out of your sock. Then the following year, they'll come out with a doo dad that gives you one more round. That will make the 27 round sock thing old news, and people will have to get the new one for 28 rds. Then, the following year, they'll have a remote control wagon that follows you loaded with 28 rd. mag doo dads, and extra mags, and a few holsters in case one breaks(which happens all the time). You never know when you'll get in to a shootout with armed invaders on Podunk St. in Anywhere, U.S.A. Pop. 123. Then they'll come out with a double stack compact that holds 48 bullets. The grip will be so wide that you won't be able to grip it, but it's the latest and greatest, so people will buy it. They'll put lousy grips and sights on, so you have to change them both, turning a $400 firearm in to an $800 firearm, of which you will never get a return on your investment should you decide to sell it. So you might as well keep it forever. It's these people that fuel the firearm industry. If you look at the marketing, it's not usually the older more experienced shooter that buys in to this crap. It's the other segment of society, who needs the latest and greatest. People who have been around for a while realize that the quality of firearms in general has gone down continuously for ever. Firearms used to be much nicer in function and fit. Now, the industry loves and depends on a segment of society that runs right out and buys the latest gadgets. It's the nature of the business. It's just like golf clubs. Very expensive. Oh, I have to change the grips. Oh, I have to get these head covers. You just purchased a set of clubs that cost you $1000. Try to sell them and see what you get. They've already come out with a new set with a gadget. Ask a Gander Mountain or Cabela's how many used firearms they have in their warehouses. Sig comes out with a gun. Next best thing since sliced bread. Use all these people as guinea pigs. Sell a boatload. Get a bunch of people pissed because they have issues. Most people do not fix their own firearms. It either costs them money to fix, or they sell it, and by god, they run right out and get the next new fangled thing that comes out. A firearm with an extra round is no good if it doesn't work. I think it's hilarious when I read about this extra round this and extra round that. Some even commenting that a new shooter should really be concerned with round count. Give me a break. New shooters are lucky if they don't pee their pants half the time. There's plenty of time for that when you get older. Personally, I don't care whether Kahr ever does anything about anything. There are plenty of choices, that's for sure, and it's their business what they do with their firearms.

Well said MMyers. I’m with you on this.

Not saying I don’t like my CM9. Not saying I won’t keep it. Just saying Kahr has been left behind.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

All this makes me wonder how I survived all those years carrying a 38 snub nose revolver....

Here is an idea. If you like what you have, keep it. If you want something else, buy it. If that is not a Kahr, fine...but take your proselytizing to another message board, we don't care.

For me, the S9 is a perfect CCW gun, I don't need more rounds, weight actually matters to some of us. But that's just me... doesn't matter in the slightest whether or not someone else agrees, they aren't me.

Keep the loud end pointed down range and enjoy.