Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cann't give the CM9 away if I wanted to!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    All this makes me wonder how I survived all those years carrying a 38 snub nose revolver....
    Superior tactics
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

And maybe some blind hog luck? I carried a 38 for many years. Guess I had some blind hog luck too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I own a TP9 and now a P365. I love the grip of the TP9 and it shoots well. To make it concealable I cut the grip down to PM9 length. It’s a 6+1 gun that worked great in California. Only thing I’d change is to move the trigger pivot point up into the frame, as it is my finger binds between the trigger guard and the trigger pivot. Just an annoyance; that hasn’t ever been fixed by Kahrs designers.

The P365 has swapping capability out both ears. Grip lengths, safety or no safety, slide lengths, threaded barrels, compensated barrels, red dot sight mounts (and soon an RDS to go with it), 10/12/15 round magazines, and more. Like most guns (kahrs included) it has had teething issues. However I’ve got 700+ rounds through my P365 with 0 issues. My TP9 was never that good.

Just saying, buy what you want, but dogging something because it’s new isn’t going to get kahr to reopen their R&D division. Kahrs were the new hotness 20 years ago. It took Glock, Sig, etc to jump on the CCW wagon. What a great time to go shopping for a carry gun. I bought a G27 because that was the smallest I could find. Then a kahr, now a Sig. Get kahr to offer something competitive because I haven’t found an article from the p365 release that stacked it up against a kahr.

Quote Originally Posted by IDisposable View Post
    Here is an idea. If you like what you have, keep it. If you want something else, buy it. If that is not a Kahr, fine...but take your proselytizing to another message board, we don't care.

For me, the S9 is a perfect CCW gun, I don't need more rounds, weight actually matters to some of us. But that's just me... doesn't matter in the slightest whether or not someone else agrees, they aren't me.

Keep the loud end pointed down range and enjoy.
    As he posts to the "Other Firearms Discussion" board.....

Quote Originally Posted by Covert Kahr View Post
    I own a TP9 and now a P365. I love the grip of the TP9 and it shoots well. To make it concealable I cut the grip down to PM9 length. It’s a 6+1 gun that worked great in California. Only thing I’d change is to move the trigger pivot point up into the frame, as it is my finger binds between the trigger guard and the trigger pivot. Just an annoyance; that hasn’t ever been fixed by Kahrs designers.

The P365 has swapping capability out both ears. Grip lengths, safety or no safety, slide lengths, threaded barrels, compensated barrels, red dot sight mounts (and soon an RDS to go with it), 10/12/15 round magazines, and more. Like most guns (kahrs included) it has had teething issues. However I’ve got 700+ rounds through my P365 with 0 issues. My TP9 was never that good.

Just saying, buy what you want, but dogging something because it’s new isn’t going to get kahr to reopen their R&D division. Kahrs were the new hotness 20 years ago. It took Glock, Sig, etc to jump on the CCW wagon. What a great time to go shopping for a carry gun. I bought a G27 because that was the smallest I could find. Then a kahr, now a Sig. Get kahr to offer something competitive because I haven’t found an article from the p365 release that stacked it up against a kahr.

^ this guy gets it. The firearms industry is trendy and technology moves forward. Look at COLT. Colt dropped the ball on every autopistol except the 1911. They tried the "All American 2000" and failed miserably. Meanwhile, Glock and SIG and Beretta and S&W were selling doublestack 9mms and .40s by the cargo container every year. Colt thought they could make it on AR-15s, 1911s, and government contracts. But when the competition offered comparable or better products, Colt was left flat-footed, and is struggling to this day. They still don't offer an autopistol other than the 1911, and their revolvers aren't going to make a dent against Ruger and S&W.

Kahr was the pinnacle of concealed carry pistol when the P9 came out. It was the first carry pistol I actually stuck with---after trying a S&W 3913 and a SIG P239. The P9 was the thinnest and lightest 9mm on the market. I also have a G26 but the comfort of carrying the P9 rapidly advanced it to my EDC. There was nothing comparable to the P9 for a long time, not until the Shield came out.

But now everybody has a small single stack polymer pistol(though the PM/CM9 is still among the smallest), and the market is rewarding manufacturers who offer a PM9 sized pistol with extra capacity. SIG sold a TON of P365s. Glock sold a ton of G43x and G48s, and those took minimal R&D. Springfield is going to eventually drop the price of the Hellcat to $350, and they'll dominate the market and make boatloads of money.

And Kahr will give us a +3 magazine and hope we buy it.
    Last edited by MMyers1970; 11-03-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    As he posts to the "Other Firearms Discussion" board.....
    To be clear, I said take the proselytizing elsewhere, not discussions of other firearms... Big difference between talking about your new found girl at the bar and bitching about the old one at her mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by IDisposable View Post
    To be clear, I said take the proselytizing elsewhere, not discussions of other firearms... Big difference between talking about your new found girl at the bar and bitching about the old one at her mom's house.
    Not even remotely the same. "Proselytizing"? No. If you are so attached to a particular brand of firearm that discussing its shortcomings and the advantages of another is "proselytizing" to you, it may be time to take a breath and step back for a minute.

Did SIG sell more P365s than Kahr sold CM9s? Undoubtedly. I'd wager that SIG sold more P365s than Kahr sold Kahrs.

I happen to have it on good authority that Kahr isn't putting any additional money into Kahr R&D any time soon. They've seen that they make more money on Desert Eagles and Auto-Ordnance 1911s than Kahrs.

The worst decision they ever made for the brand was the introduction of the Value Line. Yes, they increased sales----but they tainted their brand. If you're looking at a new pistol, why would ANYONE buy as PM9 over a CM9. For what, two extra mags, a milled front sight, and some extra machining operations on the slide? Why would anyone ever spend $600 on a P380 when a CW380 can be had for under $300? Ever talk to a gun store owner? They don't stock Kahrs because they don't sell. They don't sell, even though they are excellent firearms, because they're so cheap that people think they're garbage.

The main selling point the CM9 had when introduced was its size. It was the smallest and lightest 9mm on the market. Now the P365 and Hellcat are within millimeters of being the same size as a CM9. Why would a new buyer choose less capacity over more in the same size pistol?

IF they don't keep up with trends, they'll be an also ran.

Kahr knows by the sales numbers that their flagship brand isn’t doing well. Their last attempt at innovation (Gen2?) never made it to market. It doesn’t hurt for them to know that even some current owners/fans would like to see some innovation.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Kahr knows by the sales numbers that their flagship brand isn’t doing well. Their last attempt at innovation (Gen2?) never made it to market. It doesn’t hurt for them to know that even some current owners/fans would like to see some innovation.
    I asked a Kahr rep what the status of the Gen 2 pistols was. He told me they weren't able to get them to be drop safe so they discontinued the line. The S series of Kahrs is an offshoot of that project---the frames were designed for the Gen 2 pistols. Shame, the few reports from people who handled the Gen 2 at shows were positive----"A Kahr trigger but shorter".

Now Galloway Precision has designed a short travel trigger for Kahr pistols. Why couldn't Kahr?

"Now Galloway Precision has designed a short travel trigger for Kahr pistols."

Not finding that on their website. Is there something coming..??? I'd LOVE to have a shorter travel trigger in my CM9.