Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cann't give the CM9 away if I wanted to!

All interesting comments. Between the small Glocks and the high capacity P365, Kahr has some tough competition to face. I have noticed the resale prices of Kahr's falling off the charts at my LGS and on Gunbroker. My PM9 is still the best for pocket carry but between my LCP and P365 my PM9 which I bought through Kahr's RSO program, cost me something over $500 with night sights and extra mag, may now bring me something under $300 resale which is a price I will never sell that sweet little gun.
    I believe the next big thing in the tiny gun market will be directed at those that have difficulty racking the slides of these tiny powerhouses so I watch for some fixed barrel 9mm with a 10rd. magazine that is great for us old folk and easily concealable in our Depends.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    All interesting comments. Between the small Glocks and the high capacity P365, Kahr has some tough competition to face. I have noticed the resale prices of Kahr's falling off the charts at my LGS and on Gunbroker. My PM9 is still the best for pocket carry but between my LCP and P365 my PM9 which I bought through Kahr's RSO program, cost me something over $500 with night sights and extra mag, may now bring me something under $300 resale which is a price I will never sell that sweet little gun.
    I believe the next big thing in the tiny gun market will be directed at those that have difficulty racking the slides of these tiny powerhouses so I watch for some fixed barrel 9mm with a 10rd. magazine that is great for us old folk and easily concealable in our Depends.
    The problem is that Kahrs is still basically selling the same guns they were selling years ago when thecK9, MK9, PM, and CM9's where more popular and sort after... Since then, Glock, Ruger, Taurus, S&W, Walther, Sig, Springfield, so on and so forth have released completely new guns or made noticable upgrades for new generations. Kahrs is still stuck in the past.

I purchased all my Kahrs used for dirt cheap prices, and will never buy one new. The only one I purchased new was a NIB K40 on sale at Buds for approx $300.

Sometimes manufacturers get it right first time out and only need to make minor improvement.
    Don't mess with success comes to mind. Granted the 380 has been a thorn in Kahrs side since day one but even it has improved over the years.

John Moses Browning did it with the 1911 and is a good example.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Sometimes manufacturers get it right first time out and only need to make minor improvement.
    Don't mess with success comes to mind. Granted the 380 has been a thorn in Kahrs side since day one but even it has improved over the years.

John Moses Browning did it with the 1911 and is a good example.
    Success when it comes to business is increasing sales and market shares. Other companies also have had successful and reliable products; however, they are constantly coming out with new products, updates, as well as keeping up with market trent's. That's why, IMHO, they are doing better than Kahr when it comes to sales, aftermarket support, and resale.

Kahr CONSISTENTLY drops the ball. The company was groundbreaking when the introduced the P9. Sure, the K9 had been on the market for a while, and had done OK, but the P9 was truly the first singlestack polymer 9mm on the market.

The PM9 was the smallest and lightest 9mm on the market for a minute, then everybody brought one out.

Now the standard for CCW is really the SIG P365. Where is Kahr? Glock has a 10 round CCW singlestack. Springfield just brought out the Hellcat, which beats the P365 in capacity in the same size pistol.

Where's Kahr?

WHERE IS KAHR? What have they given us lately? The PM9 Covert, which sacrifices concealment for one additional round. They can't even get that right----the hot ticket isn't long grip/short slide, It's long slide/short grip. More sight radius, less recoil. For a while their "innovations" were bad Cerakote jobs and Pachmayr grips. Oh, and tacky laser engraving. They're spending a lot of money putting out gaudy 1911s and gold tiger striped Desert Eagles, for some reason.

I am a fan, and own more Kahrs than other pistols(and more Kahrs than more Kahr owners). I carry one or two every day. I shoot them well, and choose to shoot a Kahr at every range visit. But it's been a LONG time since they've done anything innovative. I also don't blame the general public for not giving them a second look. Bringing out the Value Series surely gave them an infusion of cash, but likely damaged the brand irrevocably.

They are built with some quality in mind. However, when they are inconsistent in operation, difficult to break down and rack, and in many cases can't be totally trusted, there is a continual problem which is hard to ignore, especially for the price point. An extra bullet isn't an issue, it's the operation for the average Joe that's a problem. You can purchase 2 of a competitors firearms for the cost of 1 Kahr, and have the consistency of operation be at least the same if not better. I would have loved to keep my MK9, but the operation, along with total trust was an issue. You have to be firearm friendly to the customers who aren't home gunsmiths, of which there are many.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    They are built with some quality in mind. However, when they are inconsistent in operation, difficult to break down and rack, and in many cases can't be totally trusted, there is a continual problem which is hard to ignore, especially for the price point. An extra bullet isn't an issue, it's the operation for the average Joe that's a problem. You can purchase 2 of a competitors firearms for the cost of 1 Kahr, and have the consistency of operation be at least the same if not better. I would have loved to keep my MK9, but the operation, along with total trust was an issue. You have to be firearm friendly to the customers who aren't home gunsmiths, of which there are many.
    What's wrong with the operation of Kahrs pistols? I don't find them difficult to rack at all, nor have I understood that to ever be a common complaint. S&W Shield, now that's a hard gun to rack, but it's also the most popular single stack on the market. With the exception of their 380 models and I believe 7 rounders in the CM9, I have not heard of a bunch of reliability issues either especially with their T,K,and MK line. I agree that they should have long since manufactured a way, in a new generation, to make the break easier.

I own Kahrs from all their product lines, and I've only had trouble with two of them.

One was a CW45 I bought used that had been incorrectly reassembled by a previous owner. Once I fixed it, function was fine. But it sucked to shoot and hurt my hands, so it went bye-bye.

My CW380 is, and always has been, a problem. It is not reliable. I think it's going to be retired from carry duty and replaced with a trustworthy .380---probably a PPK.
    Last edited by MMyers1970; 10-27-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    What's wrong with the operation of Kahrs pistols? I don't find them difficult to rack at all, nor have I understood that to ever be a common complaint. S&W Shield, now that's a hard gun to rack, but it's also the most popular single stack on the market. With the exception of their 380 models and I believe 7 rounders in the CM9, I have not heard of a bunch of reliability issues either especially with their T,K,and MK line. I agree that they should have long since manufactured a way, in a new generation, to make the break easier.
    Maybe you don't have a problem with the spring tension but many people do, which keeps them from purchasing a Kahr product. My previously owned MK9 was a bear to rack, and even after just under a 1000 rds. through it, it never changed, which is good and bad. I've seen people looking at Kahr products in a store setting and almost everyone I've seen makes a comment about the slide and moves on to something else or a revolver. The smaller Sigs are very easy to rack, the EZ S&W is easy to rack. The LCP my wife just purchased is easier to rack. It's what holds Kahr back from more sales for sure. They are a nice gun, a pretty gun, but not an easy gun, and this generation in particular wants easy...…………….

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Maybe you don't have a problem with the spring tension but many people do, which keeps them from purchasing a Kahr product. My previously owned MK9 was a bear to rack, and even after just under a 1000 rds. through it, it never changed, which is good and bad. I've seen people looking at Kahr products in a store setting and almost everyone I've seen makes a comment about the slide and moves on to something else or a revolver. The smaller Sigs are very easy to rack, the EZ S&W is easy to rack. The LCP my wife just purchased is easier to rack. It's what holds Kahr back from more sales for sure. They are a nice gun, a pretty gun, but not an easy gun, and this generation in particular wants easy...…………….
    I charge my CM9/MK9/CW380 by retracting to slide lock and depressing the slide release. I can slingshot my larger Kahrs---and the T9 is easy.