Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some new eye candy

Please try to restrain yourself. It would be a crime to do anything to that gun.

It's drop dead gorgeous just the way it is and it's served it's time.

Bet it still shoots plenty well enough.

I had a guy bring me one like that, it dated right in there 1913 or 1914. I thoroughly cleaned and oiled the thing my britches sticking out in front the whole time. He wasn't a gun guy really. Actually he was a lawyer but I didn't know that until I'd cleaned it. He came to my house to pick it up and said he might just bring it back someday and leave it with me.
    That was several years ago and I ain't seen it yet but I still hold out hope.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well, you certainly have some nice looking pistols now OP.
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Cool 1911s Matter

Love those grips on that Dan Wesson.

Different question now, on a 1911 what do folks prefer, a standard thumb safety or extended thumb safety and why? I have one with an extended thumb safety (my most recent purchase) and 3 with standard thumb safeties. I like the extended because I can rest my thumb on it while shooting after taking it off safe then it’s easier put it back on with more “lever” there. But for carry would a standard be better? Or does it even matter? What say you all?
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Cool Style Points

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Love those grips on that Dan Wesson.

Different question now, on a 1911 what do folks prefer, a standard thumb safety or extended thumb safety and why? I have one with an extended thumb safety (my most recent purchase) and 3 with standard thumb safeties. I like the extended because I can rest my thumb on it while shooting after taking it off safe then it’s easier put it back on with more “lever” there. But for carry would a standard be better? Or does it even matter? What say you all?
    I'm running a Wilson Combat - Thumb Safety, Tactical Lever, Bullet Proof®, Stainless.

I can shoot with both hands, but went with a non ambidextrous, low profile, safety for carry.
    Although I do shoot and carry my DW Valor on occasion; it's more of a BBQ, Style Points, gun for me.
    It's all personal preference friend.
    The grips are one of a kind, hand made, exotic wood.
    They can not be replaced...

I agree personal preference. I have several and all have the standard safety, I also use the thumb safety as a thumb rest and ride it while shooting. I don't like extended mag releases for carry and really don't like ambi safeties. The off side 6% of the population is left handed, always seems to mess with me.
    But again it's up to the person on what they like, how they carry and what they prefer.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

jg rider,
    Those .22s are too sweet (I never tire of seeing them)! That new paint does surely look like hard chrome.

As purple goes, that battle worn doesn't look bad, but i really like the grip reduction you did on it. Did you grind and fill that or heat and shape?
    Superior work however done.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>