Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: I hate it when this happens.....

Default I hate it when this happens.....

Soooo... a friend of mine buys a new Auto Ordnance 1911. This is the parkerized military gun iwth military sights. We are shooting it at the range yesterday. Although drilling the 8X11 paper at 8 to 9 yards, we are only occasionally touching the black. We were shooting "awful" hand. Neither one of us are expert shoots. We were going to leave the range but had one more mag loaded and ready to go. My friend says.... "Go ahead, you have the honors...". We put up a clean target, I took aim and fired. I drilled the x in the black with the first shot. I immediately unloaded the gun and set it on the bench. I said... "well, I am done for the day". There was another person watching and we all laughed. Then my friend (who is on this list) said.... "We cannot leave this mag with ammo in it, I will dispatch the remaiining lead."

I said, "OK......, see if you can top my last shot!" He lines up and takes a shot. Would you believe.....? he put a round EXACTLY in the same hole as mine. It was so close, it was difficult to tell if there was a second hole. However, me and the other guy saw a piece of paper tear out of the hole when he hit it.

I will never hear the end of this! he has hung up his target for all to see!

I hate it when that happens!

That was me

I couldn't believe that I did that either. I went directly home and hung the target up on the fridge for all to see. Needless to say my wife still dosen't belive that I actually hit the same hole. I'm glad that other guy was there to witness it.

Has anyone else done that????

Don't let his innocent response fool you. He has been ragging on me ever since he "split my arrow! BTW, his avatar is a personal photograqph! ;-)

Never put a round through another person's hole, but have a few of my own. Unfortunately not a habit at any distance.

So I am not the only guy here who looks just like his avatar? Who would have thought....

John
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Never put a round through another person's hole, but have a few of my own. Unfortunately not a habit at any distance.

So I am not the only guy here who looks just like his avatar? Who would have thought....

John
    I guess I will have to get a pic of myself as an avatar! let me see what I can do about that!

Just had my picture took....., testing my avatar!

OK....., so now you all know what I look like.....