Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: New PM40 Owner

Default New PM40 Owner

Thanks for accepting me into the KT Club!
    I am an avid gun collector. Over the past 45 years i have owned close to 200 guns. I don't have near that many at present time.
    I have several small collections & one rather large collection. I have probably had most modern day guns over the years. But I have only owned 2 Kahr's, and not with much success, which is why I am here. I will expand on this topic in other forums. I will confess that I am NOT a gunsmith. If I had an issue with a gun in the past, I would hurry up and sell it or trade it off. Now a days, I come to a forum and try to figure out my problem ro call the factory for help. I have even been know to send my guns back to the factory for updates or repairs. So say a Prayer for me, that I can find a remedy for my ailing PM40. I have a short list of the WORST guns I have ever owned, They were; a Kahr PM9, a Colt 380 Mustang, and an Intertech 9. And if you could see the list of some of the guns i have owned, you would shake your head!!!

Welcome...…………..hang out...…………...explain your issues and I'm sure someone will chime right in.

It won't chamber when racking the slide back on the 1st round, and it won't sling shot into chamber either. The slide spring is too strong, barley able to pull it back. I have over 100 guns, so I know how to shoot a semi auto. Then after I get the 1st shot to fire, The 3rd or 4th round will stove pipe up again. I have 2 extended mags & 2 shorter mags. I just read on the Kahr FB page that it takes 250 to 500rds before my $400 gun will perform like a Hi Point. Now that sounds CRAZY?

All firearms need a break in, it's just some don't mention this fact. Crazy if you don't break in a firearm for carry. So, it's not picking up the first round? I would check the magazines to make sure that the springs are properly orientated. I would sand the top inside lips of the mags. I would polish the feed ramp. Some have even taken a bit off the bottom of the feed ramp. I would run it wet..... I would shoot at least a few hundred rounds to see if things clear/loosen up. I would try different ammo. If all fails, contact Kahr and let them fix it, hopefully on their dime. AS far as the spring, not too much you can do about that. It's always going to be stiff as h@ll. You could try changing it. I know you said that you own many firearms but I have heard that before and they were limp wristing without knowing it. You need a death grip on these small firearms.