Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New addition today

In .32 cal.?????????????????????????????????????

Yeah. .32 H&R Magnum. From what I gather, .32S&W and -long can be used in it, but I haven’t had a chance to read the manual yet. The .32S&W ammo is a whole lot cheaper.

Still haven't shot the CA Professional yet, too dang busy with work and eye doctor stuff. Which reminds me, does anyone know why the nice lady doctor told the tech "sugar cane" in the notes about her observations about my eye? I asked, and she said, "Oh, it's just doctor lingo." If it's something she'd like to do to me, then I consent.

But I digress... I saw this morning that Charter Arms will come out with a 6-round .357 version of the Professional next year. This is a 3" DA wheelie that's very well made and finished, sized in between a J-frame and a K-frame. I'm kinda intrigued. I've purchased some .32 S&W long ammo (way more expensive than it should be) and one box of .32 Magnum.

I have a hankering for one of those Charter Arms Professional's, But so far, no joy in finding one at several gun shows or any of the DFW area LGS...
    Kind of like to wrap a hand around the grip before I pull the ("buy it now") trigger.

I did find a nice, early PM9 this weekend though. No time to shoot it yet, but it is now mine. I also received my two spare mags for the .32acp Berretta yesterday, so now it needs to go to the range...

I will be looking forward to a range report on the Charter Pro though John. Looking forward to some range time for myself too.

Peace
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Still haven't shot the CA Professional yet, too dang busy with work and eye doctor stuff. Which reminds me, does anyone know why the nice lady doctor told the tech "sugar cane" in the notes about her observations about my eye? I asked, and she said, "Oh, it's just doctor lingo." If it's something she'd like to do to me, then I consent.

But I digress... I saw this morning that Charter Arms will come out with a 6-round .357 version of the Professional next year. This is a 3" DA wheelie that's very well made and finished, sized in between a J-frame and a K-frame. I'm kinda intrigued. I've purchased some .32 S&W long ammo (way more expensive than it should be) and one box of .32 Magnum.
    It's shurgarcaning…….It's a solution they use to dilate your pupils.

Aw man, and I thought I was in for a good time with a pair of nice ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Aw man, and I thought I was in for a good time with a pair of nice ladies.
    No reason why you still can't......………...you just won't be able to see what your getting in to.

Who needs to see anything?

I played hookie from work on a gorgeous sunny afternoon, temps in the 60s, at the outdoor range. The Charter Arms Professional was meh. Stiff trigger, point of impact is about 3" low with both .32S&W and H&R Magnum at 10 yards. I need to put a white dot on the rear sight, but the front fiber optic sight is excellent, I really like it. I just can't see the rear sight. At. All.

Then I shot my new-to-me Ruger P90, a kind of beat up old monster that replaces a pristine version I stupidly sold. And it shoots every bit as good as the P90 is legendary for. Needs a new recoil spring and a good cleaning, but the gun didn't care. DA trigger pull like glass (like a Kahr but stiffer), SA trigger light and crisp. It chewed a hole wherever I aimed it. It came with 4 mags, and I still had 2 left over, so I have 6 total. Two that came with it are 7-rounders, which is strange but whatever.