Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun

Thread: New S9 on the way

Default New S9 on the way

I had to have back surgery this week and as a way to ease my pain, I bought a gun. This will be my first Kahr I have previously or currently owned a Shield, an XD9, XDS and a Glock 26. I’m excited about the S9 after reading about the smooth trigger that can be found on all Kahrs.

Its a smooth double-action trigger though, which means if you're used to old hammer DA/SA or revolvers, it will feel like a really high end DAO version of that, but even though its a striker fired platform it won't feel like a typical striker like those others where you have some play, a firm wall, then a break. A long double action trigger is considered safer by many than a typical striker or single action trigger.

You can +1 the capacity of your stock mags with a magguts kit BTW.

Regarding the S9, I see some tremendous deals on them, but what I'm concerned about is that if you want a kydex holster its hard to find anything that would work with any accessory light and/or laser you want to hang from that rail.

I purchased my S9 about 5 months ago and love it. It is a great shooting gun, very accurate and highly comfortable as a ccw. As long as you have good trigger control you will have no issue quickly getting used to it, IMO. Rapid fire will take a little practice due to the longer trigger pull but practice makes perfect. I can shoot it as fast as desired or as slow and accurate as desired. Congrats on your purchase.

Good luck,
    Ralph

I am looking forward to getting it out to the range and putting some lead through it. I have heard nothing but good about the trigger, so I am differ about this piece!

I picked up my gun today and took it to the range. I put 100 flawless rounds thought it. I absolutely love this gun! The only issue I had with it was it was delivered with only one magazine and the old “dot the I” sights. I’m sure a call to Kahr will remedy both of these issues.