Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hellcat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hellcat

So I went in just to “look” and walked out with a Springfield Hellcat. Pretty cool little pistol looks wise. It looks pretty solid built*. Laying it on my CM9 it is juuuust barely bigger and side by side Hellcat is noticeably thinner in slide, grip is about the same as CM9. It is amazing that 11 rounds fit in the tiny magazine and they do! Last one in is the hardest cartridge I’ve ever put in a magazine. *The frame is definitely not as stout as the Kahrs I have. It just feels flexy forward of and at trigger guard. I kinda feel guilty because that money was going towards a PM9 DLC! I’ll report how it fires soon!

Congratulations! Looking forward to your report.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Congrats, FYI here is a size comparison.

Courtesy Handgun Hero.

I am sure it will be a big seller for Springfield. Let us know what you think after a solid range session. The Hellcat and the P365 are almost identical in dimentions so hang on to your Kahr for pocket carry. I do not own pants with pockets of the correct size to be sure I can smoothly draw my Sig but the Kahr was carried for years in light wool dress slacks with no problem.
    http://
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Got to handle a Hellcat at my LGS this past Wednesday. I like it except for the rear sight. The X-Ray sights on the P365 work much better for me.

Build quality on the Hellcat seems very good. The mag release button is superb - I didn't have to break my grip at all to drop the mag.

The quality of the mags is much nicer than the P365, as is the grip stippling. The trigger is just OK, IMO.

If I didn't already own a P365, I'd definitely consider the Hellcat. SA did a really nice job with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Got to handle a Hellcat at my LGS this past Wednesday. I like it except for the rear sight. The X-Ray sights on the P365 work much better for me.

Build quality on the Hellcat seems very good. The mag release button is superb - I didn't have to break my grip at all to drop the mag.

The quality of the mags is much nicer than the P365, as is the grip stippling. The trigger is just OK, IMO.

If I didn't already own a P365, I'd definitely consider the Hellcat. SA did a really nice job with this one.
    Nice report Ed. I had the same impressions.
    I can deal with the sights as I tend to not use them much during training at less than 30'. All I need is to be able to pick up the front sight and its instinct from there on.
    My objection is the split trigger which is silly but I am not a fan and only tolerate it on mt LCP II.
    Summed up, If you seek a tiny high capacity firearm both guns would be well worth checking out.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

The Hellcat is apparently a very well-made and efficiently designed handgun. I've yet to handle one, but I had an XD-S for years. It was a very reliable handgun, just a bit too snappy for my tastes. The XD series of pistols have high bore axes.

BUT---the XD-S was eventually so cheap that PSA was giving them away with the purchase of a rifle, so I expect we will see Hellcats at the $300 price point before long. That will sell a LOT of Hellcats.

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    ...., so I expect we will see Hellcats at the $300 price point before long. That will sell a LOT of Hellcats.
    When that happens I guess I’ll end up with another 10/11 round micro gun.... just when I said I was done buying.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    The Hellcat is apparently a very well-made and efficiently designed handgun. I've yet to handle one, but I had an XD-S for years. It was a very reliable handgun, just a bit too snappy for my tastes. The XD series of pistols have high bore axes.

BUT---the XD-S was eventually so cheap that PSA was giving them away with the purchase of a rifle, so I expect we will see Hellcats at the $300 price point before long. That will sell a LOT of Hellcats.
    Wow, "a very well made and efficiently designed handgun." All that and you've yet to handle or shoot one...…...the reason the XD-S is so cheap is because they had many issues and people don't like grip safeties....useless. They voluntarily recalled their firearm because of a dangerous situation, and made an already hard trigger pull even harder. Stay away from the kool aid...……..

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Wow, "a very well made and efficiently designed handgun." All that and you've yet to handle or shoot one...…...the reason the XD-S is so cheap is because they had many issues and people don't like grip safeties....useless. They voluntarily recalled their firearm because of a dangerous situation, and made an already hard trigger pull even harder. Stay away from the kool aid...……..
    My XD-S .45 was flawless. Never a single malfunction, and was "one hole at 10 yards" accurate. The trigger was equivalent to any stock Glock. Why do I no longer have it? Because the capacity was too limited for the size of the pistol, and small .45s aren't exactly fun range pistols.

As for the grip safety, it's a non-issue. The only advantage I see to it is IF someone wanted to carry using a Clipdraw, the XD series of pistols are the only ones I can imagine being safe to do that with. Springfields are cheap because the cost of labor in Croatia is a lot lower than Austria or the US, obviously.